14

A/N :
🥰 first published in 2024 🥰
happy late new year 🎊!!

i was about to update yesterday but my dumbass forgot 🤦
so , sorry about that-

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐍. '𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎 the surging wave of our end-of-term final exams receded at last.' it narrated.

on the old campus, it was the day of results. "now then, class, i'll be returning your compiled exam papers," koro-sensei addressed them at the front. "did your second blades manage to pierce their intended targets? i wonder..." the whole class was completely silent as they waited. "no grumbling over a point or two, understood?"

koro-sensei sped up and delivered everyone's test papers. "the only thing we're concerned with right now is whether these scores secure a place for you to get you into the top 50, unless i'm mistaken." he held up a poster with the results. "the main campus ought to be posting the overall ranks right about now as we speak, so let's start with ranks here in class E, too."

everyone held their breath as the poster was spread out, standing up and walking to the front.

"i-i-" terasaka gawked. "you're kidding me. i'm forty-six??!" his name was shown ranked 46, while sugaya was ranked 44.

"isn't terasaka always dead last, even in here though ?" meahara said.

nagisa stared at the results in shock. "if terasaka-kun came in forty-six..."

"is this for real?"

"...then that must mean..."

"WE DID IT!!!" they all yelled, throwing their papers in the air.

the rankings were shown. "and we pulled down the big 5 in the battle for the top spots, too- practically a perfect win!"

final exam scores
akabane karma 500
gakushu asano 497
rio nakamura 461
ren sakakibara 452

karma's name was shown as coming in first with 500 points, while gakushu came in second with 497.

a flashback revealed that after karma solved the question, the text on his exam showed 'final problem. akabane karma: 20/20 points.'

"and first place is karma for once!"

karma was shocked, while koro-sensei came around. "how does it feel, karuma-kun? earning the highest rank on such an unforgiving-level battlefield...and win!"

and win!"