Chapter Eleven

TW: Panic attack and thoughts after Suicide attempt 

This chapter covers post Suicide thoughts if you need help please call:

1-800-273-8255 (National Prevention Hotline)

988 (America)

1-800-221-444 (Singapore)

0800-689- 5652 (UK)

There are many more often depending on your location. Please call if you need.

________________

Alvyia was whisked away down the hospital halls this time Emily held onto her hand until the nurse had to stop her from going further. Clara, who met Emily at the door that entered the OR, had to hold Emily back from entering the OR, Clara knew it was her or the nurse who would have to hold her. She had wrapped her arms around Emily's waist. The woman's tears began to fall, she turned her face and buried it in Clara's chest. They sunk to the floor Clara's back was against the wall holding an exhausted Emily in her arms,

"Em, honey it's okay. She'll be okay honey. You need to breathe." Emily's breath began to pick up, the brunette woman clutched at her chest in panic. Clara put Emily's head against her chest,

"Hear my heartbeat Em?" Em nods cautiously, her breathing still unsteady. "I've got you- I'm here." Clara cradles Em gently in her arms.

"Do you want me to call JJ?" Clara asked more so into the Woman's jet-black hair, eyeing the shaken Emily who sat in her lap. She nodded, and Clara guided Emily off the floor and into the waiting room. She took out Emily's phone and dialled JJ's number, after three quick rings JJ picked up the other line,

"Em?"

"Hey JJ, it's Clara. Em is okay; something happened, and she had a bad panic attack. I think talking to you might help."

"Okay." A static JJ voice came through the phone. Clara handed the phone to Emily and sat quietly letting the two of them talk.

"Em..."

"JJ... it's good to hear your voice, even if you're not here."

"Em it's good to hear your voice, I haven't heard from you for almost two weeks now. What happened? Are you okay?"

"Oh JJ, so much happened so fast," Emily rushed through a brief overview of what had been happening not realising her friend had little to no context of the situation. "I helped rescue this girl and she has no one, I mean no one so I started paperwork to adopt her- It's a long story but I mean she is so special. I knew it the moment I met her, and after everything she has been through, JJ I knew I should have pushed harder to get her out of that school, I knew it was hurting her now she- she-"

"Emily, listen to my voice. Take a deep breath for me, In.... hold....out good that's good. She's what...?" JJ tried to calm Emily before the ramble spiralled even further.

"She," Emily took another deep breath, " tried to take her own life. I should have noticed the signs- things I guess we're even worse at the school, I don't know if she'll make it. JJ am I doing the right thing trying to adopt her or am I way over my head."

"Emily love, you had a panic attack and worried sick about her health. You care a lot about her, as for the signs you can never know, I know that you know I know." JJ knew just the thing to say to help bring Emily down, Pulling from one of their many shared memories she began to recount "But I think it's a good idea though."

"What's that?" Emily knew where this was going and a small smile cracked on her lips for the first time today JJ continued "You. Kids. I can see it."

"Yeah?" Both women reenacted the conversation they had years before. If Emily closed her eyes enough she could still see JJ sitting across from her in the jet.