Chapter Fourteen

Hey hey, sooo apologies on no chapter last week and late on this week- had multiple tests, saw Noah Khan last Friday then my family decided to pop over to another state to go to a ren fair for 36 hrs there was no wifi then I came back got a stomach flu then had 2 essays and one test due! (I love writing an HL history essay while violently ill) As well as some personal things happening but to make up for it here is pt 1 of this chapter. Part 2 will be out tomorrow! And we will be back to regular scheduled programming after that!

TW: None :)

While Emily had been spending time with Alyvia, Clara was busy arranging the next steps for them to take. She had spent the past 24 hours communicating with the embassy, from the work she had done she found that Emily's Mother had indeed pulled some strings and technically Alvyia was Emily's as soon as they signed some paperwork. Clara found through Jeramy that Allegra had left a storage unit of belongings hidden away on the base that Alyvia should probably look through before it was cleared, there was a flight booked on a private jet for the three of them to head back to DC tomorrow evening. From what Jeramy had told her the school did not want anything to do with Alvyia anymore the sooner she could leave the better, as according to the Principal he had no idea what was going on nor did the Embassy. This angered Clara but she bit her tongue and thanked Jermay for the information he was providing. 

She collected her thoughts and emotions heading back to Mount E, she was met by Emily sitting on the bed playing cards with Alvyia both were smiling from what Clara could tell Emily was losing terribly but trying to keep her composure. Emily would giggle and try to distract Alvyia long enough for her to try and change out some of her cards for a better hand, but never could because Alvyia always called her out. Clara made a note of how the two of them worked together. If you looked closely you might say they were related if not for Alvyia's curly hair, blue eyes, and structurally broader shoulders but otherwise, you would not think twice.

"How are my favorite ladies doing?" Clara announced her presence in the room with a lighthearted tone.

"Hi, Clara!" Alvyia said lightly, still laughing under her breath a little. Emily smiled at her friend and patted the edge of the bed for her to sit on,

" So what's the news?" Emily questioned, she wanted to open the floor for Clara to share since she was also wondering what the plan was.

"Well," Clara took a deep breath,

"Alvyia you and Emily need to stop by the Embassy to sign some paperwork, your Grandmother left a storage unit in the basement of the Embassy as well for you to go though." Alvyia's head perked up at the last note, her Grandmother never mentioned any storage unit to be fair her Grandmother hardly mentioned anything to her.

"Oh, well interesting." The teen commented.

"Another thing," Clara started, she knew this would be the hardest news to deliver. "We leave tomorrow night on a plane to DC." Alvyia shot a worried look to Emily, instinctively scooting closer to the women looking for a sense of comfort. Emily placed her hand on top of Alvyia's.

"That's soon." Alvyia spoke meekly more to the room than to one of the women sitting in front of her.

"I know," Clara started "But now that things are in motion- with all that happened- we need to get you to DC as soon as possible." Alvyia knew this, she knew the way the system worked, well she didn't know, know, but had a feeling.

"Not that I'm not happy I get to come with you, I'm happy really, I don't want to be ungrateful to you. I am so grateful to you for everything I just-" The teen was beginning to fall down the rabbit hole of formalities, Emily's soothing voice cut through the anxious chatter the teen had fallen into.