Chapter Two

Trigger Warnings: Panic Attack & Mild Language
__________

"Emily, wake up, come on... there you go." Emily opened her eyes to find Clara standing above her, smiling with her coffee,
"Two shots of espresso and two Splenda packets, right?"
"Awww, Clar, you know me so well." Emily could not help but smile at her friend.
  "I should know it; I mean three years in the  UN together with countless all-nighters, all those last-minute papers."
"Ahhh, yes, the early days. Look at us now, all grown up."
  "Took a while, but we got here." Clara smiled.
"Guys, look out the window!" Mae pointed to the Singapore skyline filling their windows. Three tall buildings with what looked to be a boat resting on the top, buildings tall and small. Two domes and tall trees that were made out of metal. Marina Bay Sands and the CBD (Central Business District). It was a lovely mix of greenery and city-like qualities. After they touched base in Changi and settled into Raffles hotel, they met with Captain Huang.
"Hello, I hope your flight was smooth."
"It was, thank you. I am Unit Chief Jack Gereatt; this is SSA Emily Prentiss, SSA Clara Seger, SSA Matthew Simmions, SSA Mae Jarvis, and Technical Analyst Russ Montgomery."
"Thank you for coming, we trust you will respect our work, and we will do the same with you."
"Of course." Said Jack.
  "We have a space for you in the police station in the same district as TSS; Officer Lee can take you there." After filing into two black SUVs, the team went to the police station. It was an indoor and outdoor station because Singapore only had one season; summer. Once they reached the space in the back of the station, Jack helped to debrief the team on the jobs that needed to be completed.
"Emily and Clara, you guys can head to the school to complete interviews with the victim's friends and the priceable. Mae and I will  get up to speed with the task force here; Russ, you can work on background checks of all the students and faculty." The team split off to do their separate tasks, and Clara and Emily made their way to the school.
__________

Alyvia felt the tightness in her chest and the shakiness in her hands; her vision started to blur, and the algebra in front of her began to look like someone had spilled water over the ink. Shit, She thought. Looking at the clock, she noted only 30 minutes left in class; could she make it that long? Zatana looked over to see Alyvia's legs bouncing; she knew what was happening, signaling to Alyvia to ask if she was okay or needed to leave. Alyvia just shook her head fast, indicating she was not okay. Zatana and her were in the same Algebra two class, taught by the one and only Ms. Ram.
"You need to go tell her you need to leave," Zatana mouthed to Alyiva. Alyvia took a deep breath and stood up. Making her way up to Ms. Ram's desk, her shakiness had yet to improve, and at this point, the likelihood it would soon become a full-blown panic attack was growing stronger by the minute.
"Ms. Ram," Alyvia started as discreetly as possible,
"I need to leave." She placed a heavy emphasis on the leave.
"Can Zatana walk me?"
"Oh, MS. ALYVIA needs to skip class again and wants to take a friend with her?" she announced loudly to the whole class.
"I don't think so. Do you need to cry? Cry in your seat. Simple as that, don't disrupt my class again." Tears building behind Alyvia's eyes threatened to fall,
"But Ms. Ram, it's in my plan; I need to go," she whispered with her last shallow breaths, digging her nails into her palms.
"Fine, but by yourself, go go, run along. I'll mark down your assignment for missing today's class, though." She said with a snarky remark and a slight smirk. Alyvia did not have the focus to argue with Ms. Ram that she was, in fact, present for the first 45 minutes of class. With the panic building, one quick look back at Zatana, who pointed to her things to let her know she would take care of it and smiled to let her know she'll be okay. Alyvia appreciated it, but nothing felt okay right now, nothing at all.
Practically stumbling and running down the halls, she gasped for air. The walls had given up standing and begun to close in on her. Her vision began to fade to black, and she ducked into a corner before falling to the floor, feeling like a fish out of water. Panic ensued; this was it. She was going to die; she was going to die after all.
      ____________