Chapter Twelve

TW: mention of getting sick

There they slept until the sun rose like it always did, the Asian Koel bird sang its morning tune, and the heat began to creep through the windows. Alvyia's body felt constricted, with a little gasp her eyes shot open, she could smell sandalwood and rose, Alvyia's body immediately relaxed realizing she was safe in Emily's arms. Her brain had come to associate sandalwood and rose with a newfound safety. She did not want to move if she did she would wake the sleeping woman. Emily felt the little movement in her arms and opened her eyes slowly,

"Good Morning sweetheart." Emily whispered,

"Morning" A sleepy-eyed Alviya looks up at the brunette. Alyvia began to sit up but underestimated the amount of pain she would be in,

"I'mma using the restroom." Ali started to say, but as she stood up, a wave of nausea passed over her, mixed with a dizzy spell. Her eyes locked with Emily's, the fear of being ill written across her face. Acting quickly Emily got up and ran around to Ali's side of the bed sliding the trash bin under her head just as the teen began to heave, pulling Ali's hair out of her face.

Emily sat behind her rubbing her back, "It's okay, it's almost over." the woman said as she let nature take it's course. When the heaving ended Ali with Emily's help made her way to the restroom, while the teen freshened up Emily went to tidy the room a little. She put the trash can away and put the bed into a position where Ali could sit and made the sheets. Only once her attention was not focused on Alvyia did she notice Clara was not in the room anymore.

She picked up her phone to call her as she did Clara walked through the door with two Starbucks drinks and one ginger ale in hand as well as a small duffle.

"Turns out this hospital has not only a Starbucks but multiple restaurants. I was up before both of you and thought you could use a coffee and clean clothes. I brought some for Alyvia too, from what I could see in yesterday's haze she doesn't have any that aren't ripped."

"Thank you, Clar." Emily thanked her friend, once Clara set the things she brought down she hugged Emily,

"So what did your mother say?" Clara nervously asked,

"Well... she said yes?" Emily pushed back from the hug still holding Clara's arms to show the small smile on her lips.

"Elizabeth said yes?! What made her say yes?" Clara asked quietly trying to hide her excitement and shock.

"Turns out she knew Ali's Grandmother like they were good friends." Emily said still unable to hide her own shock at the new revelation. Before Emily could explain anything else Ali came out of the bathroom stumbling to the bed. The two women caught her before her face planted on the cool floor. Guiding her towards the bed both women help Alyvia sit down, she lets out a shaky breath before beginning to apologise profusely.

"Ali honey no need to apologise." Clara softly says, " I brought you some clothes if you want to change. As well as a Ginger ale if you want it." She smiled softly at the teen.

"Thank you, Clara, I'll probably change soon. But the Ginger ale sounds good." Alyvia tried to take slow steady sips of the drink, Emily gave a knowing look to Clara. She knew what it meant a mile away.

"I'll give you two some privacy." She backed out of the room with a little twinkle in her eyes, heading down the hall leaving the teen and brunette in the hospital room. Settling onto the bed Alyvia began to say softly,

"I didn't mean to hurt you- or scare you. If you hate me now I understand, you don't have to stay, it's okay."

Emily planted a small kiss on top of the teen's golden curls before speaking, guiding the teen's eyes to meet her own