A beautiful fox

Shakti closed the wall behind her, leaving a tortured and passed-out Valletta behind. She had passed out from the pain Shakti had inflicted on her.

So Shakti decided to take a break and come back later. She didn't expect to see Ganesha, her patron god, standing outside, leaning on the wall.

"So, you get anything useful?" he asked, his voice calm and collected.

Shakti just stood there in stunned silence.

"Hmm, you haven't asked her anything yet, I take it."

"N-no, lord Ganesha," Shakti nervously answered.

Ganesha looked under his nails.

"I see."

He pushed himself off the wall and looked his captain in the eyes.

"I thought I'd tell you your sister is alive and well. Thanks to Bell, she was able to survive."

Shakti felt a wave of relief wash over her hearing the good news. But was quickly replaced by one of dread, knowing she was caught.

"Are you going to let me see her before you arrest me?" Shakti asked.

Ganesha let out a small laugh.

"Arrest you, heavens no child."

"Wait, what?" Shakti asked, confused.

Ganesha gestured his head to the secret entrance.

"That woman is as sadistic as they come. I heard the reports. She laughed in glee, thinking she killed Ardee. I have no sympathy for someone like her. Get what you can out of her. Then do what you want. I was never here."

Shakti was confused. Why wasn't he angry?

"So you're not gonna arrest me?"

Ganesha shook his head.

"Why would I arrest you? I'm a god of the masses, and the masses are more important than one sadistic woman. Just don't let Astraea catch you, or she will arrest you," Ganesha warned.

Shakti didn't know what to say, so Ganesha spoke for her.

"Now then, let's go to Airmids clinic. Your sister is waiting for you."

Shakti remained stunned in silence but followed her god.

"Wait, how did you find me?" Shakti asked.

"I have my ways."
.
.
.
.

Bell opened the door to his room. It was still bare as he'd been dragging his feet about getting more furniture.

He forgot to shut his door as the day had taken its toll on him. So much had happened, and it was only noon. This was one of the days he hated being the wielder of the six eyes.

Being able to see everything in such detail gave him a sort of photographic memory. He doesn't remember every little thing that's happened in his life. But he could remember more than an average person.

Every time his eyes shut, he could see Ardee lying on the ground, her throat cut open and blood pouring out. The look of absolute fear on her face as her eyes silently begged Bell to save her.

Bell shook his head, trying to expel the thoughts from his mind.

"Well, looks like I'm not getting much sleep tonight," he muttered, laying down on his bed.

His eyes shut again, and more images of Ardee flashed in his mind.

Her open throat trying to suck in air but failing to get any. Her passing out from lack of oxygen, and Bell's stomach dropping, thinking she was dead. How fast he ran to get her to Airmid. How light she was.