Troublemaker

Bell moved swiftly and quietly across the rooftops of the pleasure districts. He had to be. Else, he risked the Berbera hunting him down.

Sure, he was a level five, but he was one man, and the Berbera were many. His Infinity was also down, so he didn't fry his brain from using too much of the cursed technique.

If only he could use the reverse cursed technique, then he could keep it on all the time. Then nobody could touch him.

He dropped to his stomach as a Berbera looked up to the roof. It was covered in darkness, and thanks to Bell's dark-colored clothes, he was practically invisible. But he could feel the stare of the Berbera like she was looking directly at him.

Did she know he was here?

She couldn't. Bell made sure to enter out of sight and to be quiet as he did so. The Berbera looked at him for a few more seconds before walking off. A possible customer calling her attention.

Bell waited a moment before jumping to another rooftop. He stopped in his tracks as he felt a pair of eyes on him.

Their gaze wasn't hostile, nor was it friendly. It felt predatory. Like the one with the gaze wanted to snatch him up for themselves.

He looked around for the owner of the gaze but saw no one. He looked around even more as he felt another gaze exactly like the first.

Just who the hell could see him?

Bell now how a decision to make. He could continue on with his mission and talk with the fox girl. Or he could pull back as he had been spotted.

But where were the Berbera if he had already been seen? Shouldn't they have been on top of him by now?

No, these gazes were different from the Berbera. But how?

"I can figure it out later. Right now, I need to keep moving," Bell thought.

Bell continued his sneaking until finally reaching the target house. He could see the fox girl sitting in the room on her knees. As if she was waiting for someone.

Bell grabbed the edge of the roof and dropped down in front of a window. Its design was far eastern paper and wood instead of glass. Bell slid the window open and climbed inside.

"What are you doing here?!!"
.
.
.
.

"Hmm, so the little rabbit has come back to my district. It appears you're moving to Haruhime. Did she catch your fancy? If so, you can have her," Ishtar thought, looking at Bell through her divine mirror.

She swirled the wine in her glass before taking a sip of it. She clicked her tongue before setting the glass down. This boy interested her. A user of the six eyes with a heroic desire. It's not something that was normally seen with them.

Most six eyes users were cocky and arrogant because of their Infinity. They saw themselves as above others because they couldn't be hurt.

But it seemed this boy was different. Why, Ishtar didn't know, but from what she had seen, this boy was different from other users of the six eyes.

"Tammuz," Ishtar called.

The dark-haired man with tan skin approached her throne and kneeled.

"Yes, Lady Ishtar"

"Has my letter been sent to Kali?"

"It has Lady Ishtar. I've sent our quickest carrier pigeon. It should arrive to her by tomorrow afternoon."

Ishtar had a slight smirk on her face.

"Good, very good. You're dismissed, Tammuz."

"Lady Ishtar, before I leave, do I have permission to speak freely?"