Guards

It had been a couple of days since the Juggernaut attack on the Astraea familia. Most of the familia was still in the hospital as Airmid wanted to keep monitoring them for another couple of days.

Ouranus had paid for their medical expenses as well as issuing a gag order on what happened to keep everyone quiet. Information about how to summon a creature to specifically kill adventurers didn't need to be well known.

Bell had been sleeping less than usual. He had no new nightmares of the Juggernaut or any at all, really. Instead, he and Astraea were running damage control with the few remaining members in the Stardust Garden.

Noin had to be forced to sleep as she was terrified of the Juggernaut killing her in her sleep. She kept a dagger in her hand and pressed her back against the wall to keep an eye on her window and door.

When Bell opened the door, she jumped up and charged at him. But he caught her arm and gently helped her to calm down. He was keeping his infinity off in the house now.

"Noin, you're alright. That monster won't get you," Bell calmly stated.

Noin was hyperventilating and struggling in Bell's grip, but his grip remained firm but gentle. Bell slowly moved his other hand and grabbed Noin's dagger.

"Can you let go of the dagger for me, please?" Bell softly asked.

Noin's body trembled as she dropped the dagger and crashed into Bell. She wept and wept as Bell just held her close.

Normally, he'd be uncomfortable doing something like this. He'd done it a few times before swallowing his discomfort to offer comfort to someone who needed it.

But this time was a little different. Bell had latched on to Astraea like a lost child a few nights before and stayed like that for a few hours. He still felt a slight discomfort, but not as much as he used to.

Small flashes of Zald's sword slicing his chest appeared in his mind, but they were faint and not as bad as earlier.

But he wasn't worried about any of that. He knew one day he would tell the truth about who he really was to the Astraea familia. He just hoped that when he did, they'd remember all the good he did for them and the city and not look at him like a monster.

So he held Noin and let her cry. He let her cry until she fell asleep, being taken to the land of dreams.

After she fell asleep, Bell picked her up and set her down on her bed, pulling the covers over her and turning the light off.

"Rest well, Noin. I'll be close by if ya need me."

Bell turned and walked back to her door, leaving it cracked behind him as he left.
.
.
.
.

Bell and Astraea kept moving back and forth between the girls whenever they needed help. Astraea had a calm and comforting presence, while Bell's was one that made you feel safe.

Like nothing bad could happen if he was there.

The one who needed their help the most was Maryuu, as she saw the monster charging at her and almost eat her. Had it not been for Gareth, she would've been dead.

Every night since they'd been back, she'd wake up screaming and panicked. Astraea would normally be there to help her, but tonight, she had to help with Noin.

Bell heard her before the first scream even left her lips. He was at her door by the time the second one did. Once inside, Maryuu ran and jumped at him, but Bell caught her.

"Don't let it eat me! Don't let it eat me!" She cried and trembled.

Bell held her and walked over to a chair so he could sit down. He ran his hand through her long blue hair and patted her on the back.