Rest

Astraea walked down the halls of the Ganesha familia home. Her home, the Stardust Garden, was currently being surveyed for repairs.

She let out a calm breath as the memories of yesterday played back in her mind. Her running for her life. Watching her familia get taken out one by one. Bache and Argana being taken down, as well as Ardee. Bell's death and subsequent revival.

Yesterday had taken a toll on everyone. It gave them a starch reminder of how truly weak Orario was. It worried her about what was coming.

First, the One-eyed black dragon and then the king of curses. Will they be strong enough for it, or will Bell have to fight alone? Now that he had mastered his reverse cursed technique, he was at a level people simply could not reach.

He so easily killed Zald after learning it. Could the same be said for when he'd eventually fight Alifa? Astraea couldn't help but wonder.

She needed to check up on him. He had just gone through a traumatic experience. Dying then coming back to life only to have to kill his uncle. He would need someone to talk to and to guide him through this trying time.

Next time she'd see him, she'd pull him aside.
.
.
.
.

Bell awoke feeling something tickle his nose. He opened his eyes and looked down, seeing a naked Ardee resting soundly on his chest. Last nights, memories came flooding back to him, and Bell had a goofy grin on his face.

"I got laid, and it was awesome," He thought.

But then everything else came back, and his smile dropped.

"Oh. Zald's dead. That's right, I killed him. Huh"

As if sensing his sadness, Ardee woke up and gave him a peck on the lips. "Morning. You sleep well?" She asked.

Bell nodded. "Uh yeah. I did"

Ardee scooted up until her face was in front of his. She looked into his eyes and saw them full of sadness. Bell saw her eyes full of care.

"You're still thinking about your uncle, aren't you?" She asked.

Bell nodded as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Yeah. I still can't believe he's dead. When I was younger, he seemed unkillable. Like nothing could take him down, I never thought it'd be me who did it."

Ardee traced circles on his chest as Bell mindlessly stared at the ceiling. Memories of his childhood flashed through his mind of a simpler time when Zald taught him how to use a bow.

Bell wasn't really that good at it, but he knew how to use one if needed. Zald just laughed at him as Bell missed the target a bunch of times.

"I'm sorry you had to do that. I wish I could do more to help," Ardee cooed.

"You being here is enough. Besides, it has to be me. No one else stands a chance against Alfia. I knew what I signed up for when I came here."

Ardee remained quiet as Bell held her. His hand ran through her soft blue hair. He let out a sardonic chuckle.

"You know. This feels like a tragic hero story. The last living relative comes to fight his evil family. That shit would fly off the shelves."

Ardee felt a pang of sadness hearing the self-deprecating chuckle. Bell was falling back on his tried and true method of humor when things got rough.

"Bell-

"It's fine, Ardee. It'll just take a couple of days to fully process this. I'm fine. The Zald I knew was long dead before I killed him."

Ardee hugged him tighter, and Bell could feel the love pouring from it. Bell kept his hand on her back as he stared at the ceiling. When he looked down at her, he noticed the hickeys on her neck.