Despair cries

"Oh, come on, why can't I go with you?" Ardee pouted.

Bell and the rest of his familia, plus Gareth, were at the entrance to the dungeon. The street was mostly clear, but the odd adventurer was here and there.

"Because you just got out of the hospital. Besides, I need you to keep an eye on Haruhime for me, alright?" Bell asked.

"I don't like this. It feels like a trap. How else would the guild know about them down there?"

Bell smiled before patting her on her head.

"It'll most definitely be a trap. Which is why I'm gonna spring it. I'll be fine, and so will everyone else. So don't worry, your pretty little head about it," Bell smirked.

Ardee blushed a little and looked away. "You're just calling me that to make me feel better."

"Nope. I'm telling ya the god's honest truth. But hey, keep things safe up here for us. Wouldn't be any use for us to go down there and not have a home to come back to."

Ardee let out a chuckle before smiling. "Right, you can count on me."

"Oh, and one more thing. Go into my room and look on my nightstand. There's a couple of hero stories I was able to acquire. You and Haruhime can have a girl's night with that."

"How were you able to get new books, Bell? Book merchants haven't been here for a few months?" Ardee asked, shocked.

"I have my ways. Well, I need to get going. Tell me how you liked the stories when I get back."

Bell then turned on his heel and began walking to the entrance of the dungeon where his familia and Gareth were waiting.

"Hey, Bell," Ardee called out.

Bell turned back around and faced Ardee.

"Yeah"

"Be careful, please. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

Bell just gave her a comforting smile and pointed at himself with his thumb.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm strong, remember. I also got you cheering me on, so I'll be peachy."

Bell turned back around and walked to his familia, plus Gareth. Ardee watched him go with a sense of longing in her eyes. She wanted to be by his side and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with him.

But he sidelined her, and for good reason as well. She just wished she could do with him. Was that too much for her to ask?

"You think Bell realizes he's flirting with her?" Alise asked with her arms crossed.

"No, I don't think he does. He seems kind of dense," Iska answered.

"He is dense. He didn't even react to my maid outfit," Kaguya said.

"Why would you bring that out so soon?" Lyra asked.

"Because I wanted to really surprise him, and he barely reacted. He thought I was joking when I said I wanted to fuck him."

"How lewd," Ryu said, her ears and face red.

"Oh, shut it, you prude elf!"
.
.
.
.

"So lad, was that yer girlfriend," Gareth teased.

"No old-timer, she's a friend who just so happens to be a girl. Just like everyone else in my familia," Bell answered.

"Right boy your age must be glad to be in a familia full of girls."

"Not really. Try sharing a bathroom with 11 girls."

Gareth's face turned pale, and he shook his head.
"I'll pray for ya lad."