burn one(interlude)

You were the luckiest girl alive
You had your innocence then
Conquered the world every time you smiled
Now you don't smile so often
I don't see you so much no more
I rarely pray, but I just pray that you're well
I know you cry every night
Blow it all in the sky
And Ima burn one for you

៚ • six
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 12pm
៚ • samaria grant

"Bro you're so annoying," I said to Jalani as he kept poking my arm.

"Give me snacks and I'll leave you alone." He kept poking me until I handed him a bag of cookies.

"Now run along to your friends." I said waving him off and he walked away to Bryson and the other basketball boys.

"So how long ya keeping this up for?" Jaliya asked tilting her head at me.

"Keeping what up?"

"Just stop being pussy and tell the boy you miss him so you can stop going insane."

"I'm not going insane okay."

"You talk to him everyday and you haven't talked to him in 3 days because you can't say three words. You here taking glances and acting silly, Samaria it isn't that serious."

"He doesn't care. So why should I care. He probably has a new girl by now, he's not worried about if I quote on quote miss him."

(I lie to myself to keep from going insane)

"Well school saying he talking to Hailey, allegedly that's what I heard. But that was just a rumor so I'd have to ask him to confirm."

"See he probably don't give a fuck."

"Well even if he doesn't which is highly unlikely...you're not gonna get anywhere if you keep up this nonesense."

"It's not nonsense!"

"If it wasn't then you would've let your guard down and talked to Bryson. Instead you decide to just look at him and write and delete texts. Get it together mama!"

"But girl I am perfectly fineee. I don't care."

(My eye twitched saying that)

"You know when you're so used to be around someone all the time. But usually in times where you haven't for a while the other person usually initiates time together. Sometimes they get tired of always being the first to reach out and want the other person to show more effort. Don't miss out on time with your best friend because you can't put your pride aside Samaria, that's all I have to say on that situation."

"Shoulder shrug, life goes on, less girl drama you know. It's peaceful." I said taking a bite of my sandwich.

(I've written and deleted at least 100 messages)

"You're unreachable," she sighed eating another chip.

(I really do miss my best friend)

"And yet you still love me." I cheesed and she rolled her eyes.

"It's not gonna kill you to be affectionate. If he can do it, you can do it. Wait what's his love language?"

"I can't tell you because then you'll be superrrrr mad at me."

"Bitch you're telling me his love language is words of affirmation and you doing this?!?! Yeah you would've been blocked."

"BLOCKED?!?!"

"Samaria your platonic relationships do not have to be reflections of your parents relationships. Saying a few words one day doesn't mean you'll be fighting the next."