too soon?

See, if I say, "I love you"
Baby, don't change
No, I don't want nothing new
Please, stay the same
The same as in the girl that you have always been with me
Tryna get this off my mind with ease
Please, don't you change cause I just said that
No, I ain't got nothing left to take back, yeah

៚ • nineteen
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 2am
៚ • samaria bryant

"Too early for this shit," I mumbled as I laid down on Bryson's couch.

Because of my alleged record of being super late, I was woken up even earlier and told to go straight to Bryson's after.

The caffeine I would need to stay awake right now is astronomical. So I was hoping the overpriced coffee at the airport would pull through so I wouldn't fall asleep the second I hit my bed in Jamaica.

But besides my intense tiredness, it was comforting being over here. I haven't been here in over a week which is very unlikely for me. So it was nice to be back at my second family's home.

"Diet Mountain Dew baby New York Cityyyy. Never was there ever a girl so pretty. Do you thin-OH MY GOSH SAMARIA!" Bria exclaimed, as I knelt on the couch looking over at her. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorryyyy," I laughed as she came over and jumped on me to give me a hug.

"You've been severely missed here. Where are your parents?"

"I was forced to get up and finish earlier because I'm usually late to stuff."

"True." She replied, making me mug her. "Whatttt, you have a track record."

"Anyways, I'm just excited that in a couple hours I'll be in warm weather enjoying life."

"I can't wait." Bria cheesed before laying down next to me.

"Soooooo how's Bryson been?"

"He could be better." She shrugged.

"I know..."

"Well, I'm not gonna put my two cents into grown people business though."

"Grown people business?" I asked laughing and she smiled.

"Cute pajama pants," she smirked pulling at them.

"Thanks cutie."

It didn't take long for Bria's parents to come downstairs and mine to come over. But Bryson still hadn't decided to grace us with his presence.

I was excited to see him and be on vacation with him. But I was also nervous because we haven't really been in the same space in so long and I was afraid of how he would react to seeing me.

"Finally, we can get a move on," I heard Bryson's dad and I nearly broke my neck to look over to Bryson at the stairs.

He didn't see me because he was busy rubbing his eyes.

But when he reached the bottom of the steps and removed his hand from his eyes, we locked eyes.

He kind of just stared at me for a while and I didn't let my gaze fall from him.

"Okay come on, let's get into the cars." My mom said ushering us to get outside.

Everyone started walking to get their things, and we just kept our eye contact.

I feel so fluttery...

When I finally stood up and moved my eyes from his I realized he still wore his pajama pants.

From when we went shopping with my mom for clothes to wear for our trip we bought matching pajama pants to wear. I still wore mine but I didn't expect him to wear his.