palace/curse

I seriously gotta catch up like I'm WAYYYY behind in this book🧍🏽‍♀️
_________

I don't know what to say
But I couldn't let you get away
I was admiring your pretty face
Come to my house you can get away

៚ • fourteen
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 7pm
៚ • bryson jr. walker

"Nah these petri dishes look mad nasty." I told Bria as we sat in the living room working on the bacteria project for her science class.

"Somebody gotta deep clean this joint like now."

"Why don't you two get up and deep clean it?" Our dad asked us from the kitchen.

Bria and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Nah we're good." Bria replied taking pictures of the petri-dishes.

She wanted my help from the beginning of the project, so it was fun taking samples from different places around the house. And now it was Friday, so we were trying to finish up research and data collection tonight so she'd be able to relax a bit over the weekend.

I grabbed her computer to continue the research on the different kinds of bacteria found in Petri dishes and what they signify.

I was rephrasing information and putting it into her google docs when my phone got a notification.

samaria💟: got anymore room?

me: what happened?

samaria💟: i've been kicked out my house, wanna watch a movie?

me: whachu mean kicked out

samaria💟: i was going back and forth with my mom about college and how i want to leave for college but she wants me to stay. And then my dad got involved and he was like ohhh why you wanna leave us? so they said to take my shit elsewhere
samaria💟: sooo im asking if i could stay with you tonight because i don't want to get yelled at again

me- aii come over
me- just so you know, the whole family is downstairs

"Mom, Samaria was arguing with her parents about college and now she's staying the night."

"I'm guessing they don't want her to leave?"

"Exactly that,'" I replied still looking at the website.

"Hi princess!" My mom exclaimed, pulling me from my work. I was so focused that I didn't even hear the doorbell ring and anything.

"Hi," she mumbled giving my mom a hug.

"I'll be right back Bria," I said and she nodded before I set her computer down on the table and stood up.

"My second daughter," my dad smiled hugging her.

"Bryson take care of her, I'm going to make her some tea." My mom said which confused me. Until Samaria turned to face me and I noticed her hair was in a distressed ponytail and eyes bloodshot red.

"Come on," I said putting her bookbag over my shoulder and walking behind her up the stairs to my room.

The second I closed the door behind us, I pulled her into a hug.

"I don't need all this I'm fine Bryson." She replied, but it contradicted her actions as she held me tighter.

"You can't lie to me."

"I just want to move away for college but they want me to stay in that house when they barely acknowledge me or they're mad at me." She said sniffling.

"We can make a google slides presentation and put all the reasons you should be allowed to go away for college." I replied and she chuckled. I kept my arms wrapped around her and we stayed like that for a while as my movie played in the background.