brain

All in my mind, all of the time
I am goin' crazy (My mind)
All in my head, and it never ends
It's always rainin' (My mind)
Hidin' in my brain
Feelings of mine and figments of my imagination

៚ • nine
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 6pm
៚ • samaria bryant

"Samaria." Jaliya suddenly said as she set up the couch.

"Yes?"

"It was an intimate dream."

"What was an intimate dream?"

"Bryson had an intimate dream with you, that's why he was acting weird." She said and my mind went back to during the week.

★ the day of the dream ★

"And still I won't admit that I would drop it all for you. Still got some shit that's at my crib, I'll drop it off for you. I'll play the part for you, that's if you want me to." I sung to H.E.R.'s back of my mind as Bryson drove us to school. My music distracted me from whatever he had going on.

Not wanting to give me real hug? Okay

But constantly moving around like I was making him uncomfortable? Now I'm confused

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw him looking over at me, which confused me because he was just averting his eyes from me completely and keeping watch of the road.

He cleared his throat again before we reached a stoplight. I looked over to him as he adjusted his hoodie and pants like he couldn't get comfortable.

Bro this is your car, why are you acting like this???

★ back to life, back to reality ★

"No he didn't. Why would he?"

"Why he had it isn't important. The fact that he had one is important."

"Intimate like cuddling, kissing, or sex? And how do you know for sure?"

"Anywhere in that range. And I know because he's acting the same way Westin did when he had a dream with me like that. He could barely talk to me, acting weird, couldn't sit still. Like the same vibes."

"It explains why it was personal, made him uncomfortable around you and yeah basically everything." She continued.

"That sounds cute and all but he wouldn't have a dream like that with me soooooooo."

"I don't know, dreams never really seem to be constructive. But then again this could be a reach. Who knows why he was acting weird." She said before we took a pause.

"Jalani." We said simultaneously.

"But he's not gonna tell ussssss," I moaned falling down onto the couch.

"Look this could all be a stretch. So who really cares why he was acting weird, I mean he's acting fine now."

But now that I knew the likelihood of him having that dream, my own thoughts were coming to light. It's not like I'd never thought of him like that, it just didn't seem useful.

We have always been platonic friends and he's searching for his soulmate(who I am clearly not).

But I wanted to know if it was an intimate dream. And if so, what happened? Where? What did I do? What did we do?

No, no, no, no, no

Curiosity killed the cat.

I need to stop being curious and thinking...but it was difficult because all Jaliya's talk brought ideas to the forefront of my mind that would not leave me alone.