11 ∆ Sleep in my bed

I thought you hated me

⚠️ check warnings

⚠️ check warnings

Swiftly, Calum opened her car door and wrapped his arm around a wincing Demi despite her feeble attempts at pretending she was ok.

Michael ran ahead and opened the door as Luke stood back and watched carefully. He noticed how her already pale cheeks paled further and how she blinked harder to gain control but it was slipping from her as fast as she slipped from Calum's grip. Lunging forward, Luke caught her before she hit the floor.

"I've got you" he mumbled as he scooped her up, bridal style into his arms. "Great job Hood, I really don't fancy cleaning her brains off of the driveway at this time of night!" He rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't expecting her to pass out on me like that!" Calum defended and reached his arms out to take her from Luke's. If anyone else had experienced that, they would have passed out straight away. Even Luke understood that.

"It's fine, she's probably safer in my arms anyway. You're liable to drop her or whack her head on something" he chuckled sarcastically. "Open the doors though" he requested.

"I suppose" Calum went quiet. He wasn't used to caring so deeply about someone. He was physically trembling. His usual fight response had frozen.

Placing her down gently on Calum's bed, Luke went to get medical supplies. Calum was too preoccupied with moving her hair out of her face to focus on what was needed.

Peeling off the blood, sodden material, Luke discarded it in the trash. Rummaging through the box, he took out antiseptic and some padded bandages.

"This will sting like a bitch" he chuckled as silence replaced her otherwise witty remark. He dabbed it over and cleaned up the dried blood to look properly at her wound. It was certainly deep but by his judgment, not enough for stitches. It was definitely done by a blade and it looked to have slid down her arm as opposed to in, which she was lucky for.

"Hood, make yourself useful and go get her some of your clothes to wear" Calum nodded and tore himself away from his Dems to get her a T-shirt and some joggers.

Demi rolled her head, murmuring words of nonsense.

"Good morning sunshine" Luke said sarcastically. She replied with her middle finger. His voice was not what she had expected let alone the scene in front of her. Where was Calum?  What had happened?

"Almost finished, so hold still or you'll ruin my masterpiece"  she watched him as he dedicatedly wrapped the bandage around her arm. His fingertips were warm yet they caused goosebumps on her skin. It was strange, she didn't feel the need to resist the help, she accepted it.