28. ∆ What have we done

The night was no different to every night of the past few weeks, Demi arrived home, someone helped her cook, they trained with her and then chilled in the living room until Ash's phone echoed around the room

The night was no different to every night of the past few weeks, Demi arrived home, someone helped her cook, they trained with her and then chilled in the living room until Ash's phone echoed around the room. He frowned as he spoke and told whoever it was that he'd be there shortly. He glanced at Calum and explained that they in fact needed to work tonight.

Demi sighed snuggling into Calum's side more. She attempted her best puppy dog eyes at Ash and begged him to take Luke instead, but as Ash rightly pointed out, he wasn't even home. God knows where he'd gone, again.

Calum kissed her sweetly and told her not to wait up for him even if he knew that was pointless.

She had tried everything to keep her mind occupied. She had tried reading, listening to music and working out. Nothing worked in getting her mind off of Calum's absence and the unknown whereabouts of a certain blonde.

Enough was enough. Without knocking she strode into Michael's room, arms crossed. He paused his game and lifted off his headphones.

"Can I help you?" She had never bothered to come to his room before and didn't pay much attention to the game memorabilia that filled every square inch of his box room.

Demi replied with a huff and seated herself on his bed.

"Make yourself comfortable why don't you?" The sarcasm in his voice was welcomed- something interesting to save her from utter boredom.

"There's nothing to do!" She whined, "I'm bored, I don't understand why I couldn't go to the club, and where the fuck does Luke go every night?" She propped herself on her elbows and looked to Michael who stared back at her.

"I would think he has a secret lover if he didn't come back so black and blue." She twisted the image in her head of Luke with someone else, an image she detested.

"Well you're not very chatty," she rolled her eyes. "That's it I'm going to the club!" Demi got to her feet and made a start towards the door when Michael's hand grasped her wrist.

"You can't," his eyes widened.

"You can't stop me," she glared at him, feeling like a caged animal. Michael stared at her, eyes darting between hers, his lips on the verge of telling all.

"Why can't I?"

He paused. She repeated, "Why can't I Michael?" a million things went through her head.

"They're not at the club..." he took a seat motioning for her to do the same. He had promised he wouldn't tell her, as they all had, but something in him, something in his gut told him that she needed to know. If anything went wrong, she would know what to do. Michael had grown to trust the dark haired girl even if at first he was wary.

Michael carefully explained the entire situation, monitoring her every reaction to the details he laid out before her. And when he was done, they sat in silence. He would have thought she had turned to stone if it wasn't for the deep rise and fall of her chest as she processed what she had just heard.