x. It's Happening

Throughout the next week, you and Cillian spent most of your time reading your favorite books together. Scarlet would occasionally join, since she'd been getting lonely, but neither of you minded.

You and Cillian were cuddled in bed, and he was reading The Hobbit. It was a classic you both enjoyed very much, and the fact that Cillian was reading it to you in his husky-deep voice made you like it even more. He was practically lulling  you to sleep.

When all of a sudden, you felt water gushing down your legs which ended up leaking onto Cillian's sweatpants. "Fuck," you said, sitting up. "My water broke!" You frantically got up and Cillian helped you.

"Hey, it's okay, calm down. Let's go to my car now, carefully." Cillian held your arms and carefully helped you walk to his car. Your mind was racing. All that build up of fear, all those nights of throwing up lead to this very moment.

When you were in the car, it felt like a fever dream. Nothing felt real. The dark road contrasted with the bright street lamps, it felt like a 90s film.

"Just relax your body," Cillian said, glancing to look over at you every 5 seconds or so. "Breathe." You took deep breaths and wiped the tears that were streaming down your face. "That's it," he said softly.

"I'm scared," you whimpered, holding onto the assist handle above the window.

"I am too." Cillian put his hand on your knee. "Hold my hand, darling. Think about how we'll be able to see our beautiful baby boy or girl soon."

You moved your hand on top of his and squeezed it, immediately feeling a contracting. You moaned in pain and held your tummy, and Cillian seemed to step on the gas harder.

"Cillian, it's happening!" You screamed, grabbing onto the dashboard.

"That's not possible," he said worriedly, putting on his hazard lights and pulling over to the side of the road. He quickly grabbed his phone. "Is it really happening?"

You quickly nodded. "Yes, it's fucking happening, call 911!" You pushed the seat back and winced, pulling off your pants.

"Fuck," he muttered, his fingers slipping as he tried dialing 911. He finally got it and it rang. "Please bring an ambulance, my girlfriend is giving birth in my car," he said, his voice trembling. "Hurry, she's in a lot of pain." He reached over and rubbed your tummy.

"Cillian!" You screamed as he sat down his phone to help you.

"Shh, it's okay."

"No, it's not okay!" You leaned your head back and wailed in pain as the baby was being forced out of you.

Cillian kept his hands on your legs and looked down to help you.

Before you knew it, Cillian was helping you deliver your baby, right there in his car. The ambulance finally came and helped you with the rest of it, and made sure to give you anesthesia to numb the pain.

You closed your eyes and breathed heavily before opening them again to look at Cillian. Tears were streaming down his face as your hands were in his, and he smiled at you.

"What's the gender?" You asked breathlessly, still wincing with slight pain.

"It's a girl," the doctor said, smiling at you. Cillian kissed your cheek and rubbed your arm.

"It's a beautiful baby girl," he said, looking over at the newborn before it was taken on the ambulance. You were then put on a stretcher and taken as well.

-

You woke up, crust in your puffy eyes from all the tears. When you rubbed your eyes, you saw Cillian by your side, reading a book. He glanced up and saw you were awake, and he immediately lit up.

He called in a nurse and a few came in to check on you. "You'll be able to hold her soon," one nurse said, rubbing your arm. "She's beautiful and she's healthy as can be." Her words made you smile, tears filling your eyes again.

Cillian squeezed your hand and kissed it. "You did it," he whispered.

"I wouldn't have been able to do it without you. I didn't know you were able to deliver it," you said, giggling.

"I'd do anything if it meant you weren't in pain and you were safe." Cillian rubbed your hand and leaned to your ear. "I love you so much."