xvi. Forever

When Cillian came home the next night, you were so touch deprived and missed him so very much. You never talked about what had happened, but you were still visibly upset.

That was until Cillian pulled out a small box with his shaky hands and opened it, slowly getting on one knee in front of you.

You almost screamed, looking at the diamond ring in front of you. "I want to spend every day with you, and if it means arguing, then so be it. I only want to argue with you. Will you marry me?" Cillian looked up at you, and he was trembling nervously.

"Yes," you whispered, pulling him up to hug him. You watched as he slipped the ring on your finger, and it fit perfectly.

He pushed his lips against yours and the two of you kissed on the couch for as long as you could hold your breath, and you two ended up sitting on the bed together.

"Soon," he began, wrapping his arm around you. "I will buy us a home. A suburban home, and we will live there, with Nia."

"Perfect," you whispered, still in shock from the proposal.

"What do you want, my love?" He asked, getting on his knees in front of you and holding your hands. "Hm? What do you want?"

You smiled and wiped the tear that was running down his cheek. "I want a big old car," you explained, cupping his face in your hands.

"I will get it for you," Cillian said. He hugged your legs and leaned his head on your lap, relaxing as you brushed his hair with your fingers.

"Get up," you giggled, but he stayed down, so you got on the floor with him and hugged him tightly, staying there for what felt like eternity.

-

"Peek-a-boo!" You squealed, removing your hands from Nia's face. She was sitting on her father's lap, giggling and playing with the two of you.

"I wanna stay here with my girls forever, and do nothing," he sighed, looking over at you. "But there's something, Y/N."

"What is it?" You asked, tilting your head.

"My children are coming," he said after taking a deep breath.

"Lucy and Michael are coming?" You asked, sitting up straighter. "Why?"

"I thought it was time for them to meet you. I mean, Michael is 13 now and Lucy is 11."

"When are they coming?" You asked.

"Tonight," he sighed. "And my wife is coming as well, to drop them off."

"Fuck," you whispered, looking away. "Cillian, you could've told me! Does she know we're engaged?"

"Yes," he sighed. "I called her to tell her the news, and she suggested she'd bring the kids for a night."

You nodded slowly and hugged him. "I'm scared, what if she kills me?"

"She's not gonna kill you," he chuckled, holding you close. "She's nice."

-

"So this is Mrs. Murphy?" The tall blonde woman asked, looking at you almost judgmentally.

"Yes," Cillian answered.

"Well," she sighed, going to her car and bringing the children out.

"Daddy!" Lucy squealed, running over to Cillian and wrapping her arms around his tummy.

"Hi baby," Cillian chuckled, watching as Michael came over to hug him too.

His ex wife left without another word, and then the two children looked up at you. "Wow," Lucy whispered, holding Cillian's hand.

"What is it, Lulu?" He asked, looking at you.

"She's pretty," she said, smiling up at you. You laughed and kneeled down to her, shaking her hand.

"I'm Y/N," you said. "And you are so pretty too, Lucy."

"Really?" She asked, her eyes sparkling at you.

"Of course," Cillian said, smiling very wide. The last time he looked that happy was when he saw Nia for the first time.

"Do you wanna meet your baby half sister?" Cillian asked. The two children nodded and Cillian brought Nia in.

"She's so tiny," Michael said, reaching to touch Nia's cheek.

"Y/N'a friend is out of town, so you will sleep in her room," Cillian said, walking the kids over to Scarlet's room as he held Nia.

"Let's play, dad!" Lucy said, jumping on Scarlet's bed.

"Okay, and can Y/N join us?" He asked, looking over at you.

"Of course she can!" Lucy exclaimed.

-

"Your kids are the sweetest," you said as Cillian stroked your hair gently.

"They are," he sighed, looking down at you. "But can I tell you something?"

"Of course," you answered, looking up at him.

"I would much rather be with you and Nia," he confessed, leaning closer to you. "I love them, but you and Nia are the lights of my life."

"Cillian," you whispered, stroking his cheek. "I understand."

"I thought you'd beat my ass," he said, chuckling quietly. "They are truly angels, but they should be with their mother. They deserve to be with her."

"They do," you agreed, hugging him close. "And I only want the family pictures to be us and Nia."

"I was worried you'd fall in love with my kids, to be honest," he admitted. "But I realized you will only fall in love with me and our daughter."

"She's getting so big," you whispered as Cillian started kissing your shoulders. "I want her to stay our baby forever."

"These have been the best two years of my life," Cillian said, holding you so close as if someone were to take you.

"Me too," you whispered before connecting your lips to his and kissing him passionately. After you pulled back, you held up your hand with the diamond ring. "And it will last forever."