xiii. Who's Is It

The only thing that was on your mind for the rest of the week was that day you were on his desk. And God, did he tease you for it.

The morning after, you and him snuggled in bed and wouldn't let go of him. Your relationship was at its highest peak it's ever been, you two were closer than ever.

Cillian's alarm went off, and the two of you groaned. Cillian rubbed his eyes and sat up, looking down at you. "Are you coming to class today?" He asked.

You rolled over into his lap and rested your head on him. "You want me to?" You smiled up at him and held his hand. "My back is a little sore for round two."

"Not because of that," he said, blushing. "It's just, seeing your face makes all the stress go away."

"I want you to stay in bed with me," you whispered, reaching your hand up to his face.

-

Later, while Cillian was showering, you were feeding Nia in her high chair. "Good girl!" You exclaimed as Nia ate all of her baby food.

Suddenly, you heard a knock at the door and picked Nia up, walking over to answer it. When you opened the door, your stomach dropped.

It was Ryan, standing there with a bouquet of flowers. He smiled and handed them to you, but he finally noticed Nia and his smile faded.

"Ryan," you said, awkwardly smiling. He quickly smiled again and looked up at you.

"Hey," he looked around inside. "Can I come in?"

"Uh, I'm kinda busy right now but what is it?" You rocked Nia in your arms and looked at him.

"Well, I mean, I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a date but you seem kinda busy with that baby."

"Ryan, I—"

"I know, the baby needs attention.. are you okay?" Ryan reached his hand out to Nia and gently rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

"Yeah, everything's good over here," you said softly.

"Can I ask, who's is it?"

"Uhm," you said nervously.

"Oh, I get it," he sighed, frowning. "Listen, if you ever need anything you can just call me." Ryan grabbed a sticky note that had his number on it and handed it to you. "Maybe we can go out one night, I could call a babysitter?"

"Ryan, this is really sweet but... I'm with someone." You watched as Ryan's world basically shattered.

"Oh," Ryan said quietly before awkwardly chuckling. "No worries. Take care."

"Ryan, I'm—"

Before you could say a word, he shut the door and walked off. You sighed and heard Cillian turn off the shower. Putting Nia down, you quickly ran to your closet and shoved the bouquet in along with the sticky note.

"Did someone come by?" Cillian called out.

"It was just Scarlet, she forgot her wallet," you answered, noticing folded clothes on your side of the bed. You went back and grabbed Nia, putting her in her play pen, before quickly running back to the bedroom.

You sat beside the folded clothes and waited for Cillian to come in, for the obvious reason, which made you feel creepy as hell. You shook your head and walked out, but you bumped into Cillian. "I'm sorry darling," he said, wrapping his arm around your waist so you'd keep your balance.

You looked up at him, seemingly dumbfounded, then watched him walk off to change.

-

Class had started, and you were trying to take notes from Cillian's lecture, but you were so distracted by his beauty.

You were also bored as hell and felt like being the cruelest girlfriend in the world, so after Cillian handed out papers, you walked to the front of the class to sharpen your pencil.

Yet on your way there, you had to squeeze by Cillian in between two rows of desks, and while doing so, you placed your hand on his chest and whispered, "Excuse me."

He immediately tensed up but continued passing out papers, his face a soft red. While he wasn't paying attention, you quickly twisted off the end of the pencil sharpener, pretending to have broken it. "Mr. Murphy," you called. "The pencil sharpener is broken."

He sighed, knowing exactly what you were up to and he came over to help try and screw it back together. When he went to pick up the piece that had fallen, he lifted his head and accidentally brushed against your thigh and his head practically got caught in your skirt.

He put his hand on your arm and said, "Oh, I'm sorry." He tilted his head towards the desks, signaling for you to go back, but you stood there, watching him.

"Could you sharpen it for me so I don't break it again?" You asked, extending the pencil to him and your hands touched. He slowly nodded and sharpened your pencil, his sweaty hands almost dropping it.

"Don't kill me," you whispered in his ear, causing him to grab your arm.

"Go sit down," he said firmly, and you made your way back to your desk.