xi. How Dare You

"Come on, Nia!" You exclaimed, picking up the crying week-old baby and you gently cradled her. She continued to cry and you frowned and caressed her head. "I know, baby. You miss daddy?"

She wailed and grabbed onto your hair. "Daddy will be home soon," you whispered, hushing her. You sat at the kitchen table, still holding her. You were exhausted, to say the least. You'd been going to Nia all day long since she wouldn't stop crying for even thirty minutes.

She was adorable, but the crying was getting too much. It would set you off at times, and you wanted to blame Cillian for it all.

He finally came home. You heard him fiddle the key inside the lock before he finally managed to unlock the door. "Hey," he sighed, walking over to you. "There's my beautiful baby." He gently took Nia from your arms and cradled her.

You looked up at him. "Cillian, we need to talk."

"What is it?" He asked, gently rocking Nia as he turned to you.

"You need to take a leave," you demanded. You were fully serious and had no time for jokes from him, which you could feel were coming.

"I wish I could—"

"No, Cillian, I'm not asking you to." You crossed your arms and stood up. "I have been going to your baby all fucking day long!" You aggressively pushed your chair in and stormed to the bedroom.

"You have Scarlet, honey," he called out to you.

"It's not Scarlet's fucking baby, it's yours!" You screamed. Cillian looked down at Nia and kissed her head.

"Shh, Nia," he whispered. "Daddy has to talk to mommy." He followed you to the bedroom and put Nia in her crib before walking to you. "Darling," he began.

"You should take your fucking leave," you muttered. "This is ridiculous. If you want to marry me, prove to me that you can help take care of our fucking child."

"Stop swearing at me," he chuckled, and you slapped him across the face.

"How dare you laugh," you whispered harshly. He winced. "No wonder your wife wanted nothing to do with you. No wonder your children don't look you in the eyes. When's the last time you've looked in theirs?"

"Do not bring Lucy and Michael into this," he said, beyond pissed. He looked at you and felt his face, which was then numb.

You noticed the redness of the area you slapped and you moved his hand out of the way to look at it. You touched his cheek gently before bursting into tears. "I'm sorry!" You cried out.

"Hey, it's okay, calm down," Cillian held your hands and tried to calm you, but your crying grew louder.

"I didn't mean to hit you," you sobbed, tears pouring onto your shirt and his lap.

"I know you didn't, it's fine Y/N. Seriously." Cillian pulled you into his chest and you started to quiet down. "You're tired, you're stressed. Just let go."

You did just that, you melted in his arms and buried your face in his chest, letting your tears soak his shirt. He didn't mind at all. "I'll take a leave," he whispered.

"You don't have to, I know you just want the money for us and Nia—"

"Darling," he chuckled. "I'll take the leave." He then leaned in and kissed you on the lips. 

-

By midnight, you and Cillian were making out and feeling each other up, and he'd gone to Nia every time she cried.

You pulled back to breathe and looked up at him, stroking his cheek slowly. "I can't wait to finally be home with you all the time."

"I know," he sighed happily, grinning down at you. "It won't be long before I get exhausted too, though." Cillian laughed and kissed your cheek. "Give me your hand," he whispered.

You extended your hand to him and he took it and placed it against his chest. "You feel that?" He asked, leaning his head against yours. His heart was racing, and you could almost feel it flutter.

"Mhm," you whispered, looking into his eyes. He then kissed you passionately, gently laying your head down on the pillow. You kissed for a bit, before Nia began to cry again. Cillian got up and went to her.

"Is someone hungry?" He asked, rocking her slowly. "Mommy, your baby is hungry."

"Bring her here," you said, smiling. Cillian walked over and gently set Nia in your arms, before crawling in bed next to you. You breastfed Nia until she was satisfied, and she almost began falling asleep in your arms.

"How cute," he giggled quietly, trying not to wake Nia. He carefully brought her back to her crib and you two had one of the first peaceful nights of sleep in a while.