xix. Forevermore

"Isn't it beautiful, Cillian?" You exclaimed, cradling Nia in your arms as the two of you walked around the open house.

"It's pretty beautiful," he agreed, taking Nia into his arms as you observed the front lawn from indoors. "I suppose we could get a pool in the back for Nia and us."

"A pool for only three people?" You questioned, tilting your head as he gently bounced Nia.

"Well, assuming it's just us."

"Of course it is," you chuckled, looking him up and down as if you were judging him. "You need a cup of coffee."

"310 thousand pounds isn't too bad," Cillian said to you, but it sounded like he was talking to himself.

"It's not," you agreed, taking Nia back into your arms. The realtor walked over to you two and smiled.

"Well, any questions?" She asked, glancing over at Cillian, to which he asked:

"Can I buy it now?"

"Cillian," you whispered, nudging him gently.

"It's best you discuss with your wife," the lady said, keeping her smile which then looked forced.

-

"What the fuck, are you crazy?" You screamed, watching as Cillian steered the car.

"No, I'm not fucking crazy. You wanna get out the fucking motel, we get out the fucking motel! God, you are so hard to please."

"Like you're any better," you chuckled angrily. "What, do I have to jerk you off every night to keep the blood flowing to your brain?"

"Shut up," he muttered, stepping on the gas a bit harder than usual.

"Slow down, your daughter's back there," you demanded, placing your hand on the assist handle.

He glanced at Nia through the rear-view mirror before pulling off to the side of the road to hopefully gain something out of you, but you weren't having it.

"I swear to God, Cillian. Every day with you is like a war that's never gonna end," you said, crossing your arms.

"You keep pushing my fucking buttons," he explained, turning the car engine off.

"I'm trying to find the off button," you joked. Cillian absolutely hated that, because he launched himself to you and grabbed your ear tightly, twisting it. You felt as if it was going to fall off.

"Get off me!" You screamed, kicking your feet. Cillian eventually let go of you and you breathed heavily.

"Before you think about it, I'm not gonna fuck you and pretend this never happened." Cillian looked at you and folded his arms.

"You're disgusting," you whispered. "Take me home."

"Get your shit together—"

"Take me home," you demanded, raising your voice at him as he turned the car on.

-

"I just wanted to make you happy," he explained, sitting beside you on the couch. "I thought you'd be excited. I was willing to pay for it then and there."

"But honey, you can't just do things like that. It's not like buying me a new necklace, it's a life decision. We could lose hundreds of thousands of pounds," you said, wrapping your arm around his neck.

"I'm sorry for hurting you," he whispered, hugging your waist. "I shouldn't have scared you like that. I feel awful."

"It's okay," you sighed. "I want the house. I do. But we need to talk about these things."

"I understand," he said quietly, nodding his head. After the two of you hugged for a bit, Cillian stood up. "May I read my new poem to you?"

"Of course," you whispered, a smile growing on your face as he took your hand and dragged you over to his desk.

Slowly, he read:

In the cosmos of existence, our souls entwine,
A serendipitous convergence, beautifully undefined.
In the labyrinth of emotions, we wander and explore,
Each glance, a symphony, our hearts forevermore.