26

.       .       .       My spy       .       .       .

He walked through the dark passage, the only source of light being the entrance behind him.

He was thankful for the light, because without it, he'd probably trip or fall, maybe even faint.

Of course, as the saying goes, good things don't last forever.

The entrance closed with a slam behind him, causing him to let out a shrill scream.

He summoned his staff and immediately conjured up some light.

To his surprise and delight, it worked.

"What the hell? I thought the magic was restricted throughout the castle because of the magical jewels that were installed throughout the kingdom?...." Hoseok whispered to himself as he walked down the stone staircase.

Hoseok finally reach the end of the stairs and walked deeper into the dark abyss.

He tripped over a stone and fell onto an aquamarine luminescent sponge like moss patch.

His face expression turned to one of disgust and he quickly got up, trying his best to brush it all off. To his dismay, his effort was useless.

He looked up and gasped when he saw his one true love, chained to a stone wall with light pink magic dust surrounding them.

"Y/N!" Hoseok yelled as he ran over to Y/N and kneeled in front of them.

"Hoseok?" Y/N sobbed.

"It's me." Hoseok teared up and caressed Y/N's face.

"How'd you find me?" Y/N asked.

"One of the King's servants gave me a tip on where you might be." Hoseok smiled weakly.

Hoseok looked at the chains and examined them in his hands.

"What are you doing?" Y/N asked.

"I'm gonna set you free." Hoseok said, looking into Y/N's eyes.

"No, you can't!" Y/N exclaimed, their face full of fright. "Not yet..." Y/N mumbled.

"Why not? Aren't you tired of being here? Tiseous is trying to work you to your death!"

"You wouldn't have come here without the help of some companions... They're not from here, are they?" Y/N whispered.

Hoseoks eyes widened. "How'd you know?" Hoseok whispered back.

"You need to get them out of here, it's not safe, especially since they're human. Please."

Hoseok sighed and nodded. He gave Y/N a peck on the lips.

"I'll find you again, and next time, you'll be free." Hoseok smiled softly.

"I'll be waiting."

Hoseok nodded and teleported to the stone stairs. He sighed and walked into the King's office.

He carefully placed the apple on the desk and quickly cleaned up the office.

A click sounded through the room and he snapped his head towards the door.

Through the blurry office door window, was the King's silhouette talking to a lady with a bun.

Hoseok tilted his head to the side with confusion written all over his face.

The confusion immediately cleared and gave way to his shocked expression when he saw the King's silhouette bring the woman in by her waist and kiss her.