the new guy sucks

"this isn't a joke"

"this isn't a joke"

SEVEN YEARS. That's how long it had been since Andromeda first came to Camp Half-Blood. How long it had been since her first encounter with a monster, and her first show of powers.

During her time at camp, she had discovered her skills and powers. She had always loved nature and flowers. She had always imagined that the flowers and plants on the ground reached out to her and wrapped around her ankles. Or, at least she thought she was imagining it. She would sing to the plants and watch them grow. She could manipulate plants, making them tall, making them short, making them grow into weapons. That's when she was claimed by Demeter.

She had stayed in the Hermes cabin for a quarter of a year, and then received a sign from her mother, and she moved into the Demeter cabin, which was beautiful.

She was very smart, and she was almost always with her best friends, Annabeth Chase and Luke Castellan. Annabeth and Luke had arrived at camp together, but Andromeda had been there for a two years before the others made it.

Elliot, Andromeda's protector, was still great friends with Andromeda, and they hung out a lot during their free time. They joked around and talked about prophecies, never talking about anything too serious, otherwise both of the would go into a silence, and it was better if silence didn't appear.

One night, Annabeth shook Andromeda from her nap in the chair in the infirmary, swiftly informing her that a new camper had been brought in. A new camper. She was convinced that this new camper was what she had been waiting for. Her chance. For what seemed like eons, Andromeda and Annabeth had been waiting for the prophecy to come true. Every camper that had been brought into the camp had sparked hope in the girls, and every time, the hope had been put out once the prophecy didn't come true. No matter how many campers weren't the prophecy starter, the girls kept their hope, never letting it go completely.

A satyr and a boy were brought into the infirmary. They were both set down on separate cots, and Andromeda got to work. First, she gave Grover, the satyr, some ambrosia. Then she examined the other boy and evaluated his situation. She started bandaging some of his bigger wounds, making sure they stopped bleeding, before force-feeding him some ambrosia.

Annabeth took first watch over the boy so that Andromeda could get some sleep. Andromeda protested at first, but after fifteen second of arguing, she gave in. She still insisted on staying in the infirmary in case Annabeth needed her. When Annabeth finally woke Andromeda up for watch, the boy had a line of drool down his chin.

She laughed lightly, grabbing his shirt and using it to wipe off his chin and neck. She sat in the chair next to him as the sun rose, listening to his mumbling and groaning. Grover had been up before the sun, trying to calm himself down about "failing" his satyr duties.

Andromeda personally thought that the council had always been too hard on Grover. He was only a junior protector, after all. Andromeda had known Grover as long as she had know Annabeth, but for a while, he had been camped out at Yancy Academy, watching over the boy, Percy Jackson.