aww, look at the cute undead puppy

"no teeth"

"no teeth"

ANDROMEDA DIDN'T LIKE THE SMELL OF THE BUILDING. She smelled dead people, but not the horrid smell of death, more like the smell of the desperation of the spirits inside. It smelled oddly similar to cherry lotion.

They were standing outside of DOA Recording Studios, shadows cast upon them while they looked up at the gold letters that advertised the building. On the glass doors, stenciled in black, words read: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING.

It was pretty close to midnight, but the lights were on inside, shining brightly. A security guard stood behind the desk, dressed in a nice suit, sunglasses, and an earpiece. He was buff.

"Okay," Percy said, "You guys remember the plan?"

"Yeah," Grover said, "The plan. I love the plan."

"What happens if the plan doesn't work?" Annabeth asked.

"Percy doesn't like it when we're pessimistic," Andromeda reminded her.

"Oh, right," she said, "We're entering the land of the Dead, and I shouldn't think negative."

Percy pulled out the four milky spheres that he had been giving in Santa Monica. He passed them around, giving everyone their own pearl. Andromeda stuffed her in her pocket.

"I'm sorry, Percy. You're right, we'll make it. It'll be fine." She gave Grover a nudge.

"Oh, right!" he chimed in, "We got this far. We'll find the master bolt and save your mom. No problem."

Percy looked at the floor. He felt as though they weren't serious. He thought they were just trying to make him feel better about dragging them into the mess that has quest was. A hand rested on his shoulder. He looked up to see Andromeda smiling at him.

"Really, Perce," she said, "We're gonna make it out of here. We're gonna get your mom. We're gonna stop this war."

Percy didn't know if it was the encouragement or the nickname that made him feel better. He took a deep breath.

"Let's whoop some Underworld butt."

They entered the lobby of DOA.

ABBA was playing on the speakers. Andromeda slowly hummed along to 'Slipping Through My Fingers' as they walked over to the desk.

Cacti grew in pots that were placed in various spots in the room. They looked like little skeleton hands. The furniture was all made of black leather. Some people sat on the couches while some paced, and others gazed out of windows. Nobody really talked, and those who were seated didn't moved an inch. They were all transparent when you looked them head on. Andromeda couldn't focus on one of them for too long before having to blink the fuzzy feeling out of her eyes.