prophecy of doom

"dad"

"dad"

THE FIRST THING ANDROMEDA DID AFTER BREAKFAST WAS WALK WITH PERCY TO CABIN THREE TO GET HIM SETTLED. He didn't have much stuff to pack and unpack, so really, she was just there for support. He had a lot of room for all of his things, which included his Minotaur horn, his toiletry bag, and an extra change of clothes. Andromeda could tell that Percy was absolutely miserable, and unfortunately, she knew the feeling.

She didn't know the feeling of feeling lonely, except when she was living with her dad. She hadn't had any friends because her dad didn't want them to find out anything about them. So Andromeda had isolated herself from everyone, and when her teachers tried to get involved in her life, she just ignored them. When she met Elliot after she ran away, he had been her first friend in her entire life. Except for her old neighbor.

She knew that he felt as if he was the odd one out, and once again, she couldn't relate. Just as he had started to get used to his strange life, it had been changed to be even stranger. She knew that he felt as if he was now a foreigner, rather than an insider, that he felt that he was no longer accepted. She couldn't make him feel better about it at all.

She hated not being able to help Percy, but she couldn't think of anything that would cheer him up. She wasn't very good at helping people when they were sad, neither of her parents really had been either, but she tried.

The camp had been buzzing with news of the hellhound. Everyone had seen it, but the excitement and fear was still lingering. Andromeda made sure that no one talked about it directly to Percy. She knew it would just make him feel worse.

She still was sonfused on how she felt about Percy's claiming. She might not have been super fond of Poseidon, but she wasn't going to wish bad things upon Percy just because of his godly parent. It wasn't fair. He couldn't control it. It was like Purebloods who treated Muggleborns badly.

Percy was taught Ancient Greek in the mornings with Annabeth, who still hadn't gotten over herself about Percy's being a son of Poseidon. Andromeda had tried to talk to her, but Annabeth wouldn't listen. The two girls were equally stubborn, and that sometimes led to distance between them when they disagreed on something. Andromeda was always sad when they didn't spend time with her. She was always worried that their friendship would never heal. It always did.

Luke was going even harder on Percy than he had been, teaching him new techniques before he had mastered the ones prior. Andromeda felt horrible for Percy during his lessons, she really did. Luke would yell for Percy to work harder, and he always told him he had to work extra hard, with him being the son of one of the Big Three.

She got Michael Yee to try and teach him archery, but Percy couldn't do it. She believed that a hero should learn to use and make every weapon, but she wasn't one to talk because she was horrible with anything other than a sword. Yeah, she could use a different weapon if she had to, but it was definitely not her strong suit.