scrawny vs beefy

"nightshade"

"nightshade"

A FEW DAYS LATER, Luke challenged Andromeda to a one-on-one duel.

"Andi!" he had yelled to her as she walked away from the volleyball court.

"What's up, Luke?" she asked.

"How does a duel sound?"

"Sure, after I'm done teaching my sword fighting course. Be ready to get your butt kicked."

"In your dreams."

And Andromeda walked away, shaking her head and chuckling. Both of the kids knew Andromeda would win, but it was just a friendly duel. It was like hanging out for them.

After Andromeda was done teaching, and all her students had left, Luke jogged over to her, getting ready to fight. They both strapped on breast plates and helmets, and Andromeda pulled off her thin, sliver cuff bracelet, and it grew into a silver sword. The design on the bracelet was intricate: silver vines of flowers crawled up and twisted along the bracelet, and in the middle, a purple bell-shaped flower was placed. It was a nightshade. Once they were ready, they began their fight.

Luke struck first, jabbing his sword. She parried and dodged, throwing a quick swipe to his side where his armor didn't connect. He barely moved out of the way in time, spinning around to the other side of Andromeda. He tried to get a hold on her from behind, but she at slashed his hand with her sword.

As soon as Luke let go of her shoulder, she spun around and swept his legs out from under him. By then an audience had formed, all eager to see what would happen. It was quite a frequent event, but everyone still wondered if Luke had trained enough to beat the wavy-haired twelve-year-old.

Andromeda stepped on Luke's wrist, causing him to let go of his sword. she pointed the tip of her sword at Luke's throat. She thought she had him until he raised up his leg, planted it on her stomach, and kicked her backwards.

Andromeda fell flat on her back. Her sword clattered to the ground. Luke sat up quickly and straddled Andromeda, holding his sword against her neck. Her eyes burned with anger. But just before Luke had her down for fifteen seconds, she thought of something, and a smirk grew on her face.

She tugged I side her core, and she felt the familiar sensation of vines and plants twisting together to help her. The plants picked up her sword and placed it in her hand, and she slid it under Luke's sword. She pushed it off of herself, and straddled Luke. She took his sword from him, and she raised hers above his face, holding his own sword against his throat.

"You put up a good fight, Luke," Andromeda told him, "Keep practicing."

While she was walking away from the arena, she bumped into Percy, who had just gotten done with his wrestling matches. He did not look good.