PROLOGUE

LONG AGO, THERE WAS A PROPHECY. One that Aphrodite was very pleased about.

Not one of monsters and quests. Not of danger and death. But of love. Of love and peace and romance.

Aphrodite was elated. This was her chance to try to prove herself. Last time, with Ariadne and Theseus, she did a bad job. She wasn't paying attention, and she let it get out of hand. She was being frowned at by mortals, demigods, and gods. Her own brothers and sisters. By her father, and by her stepmother. By her uncles. She was ashamed.

But this prophecy gave her a chance. She was going to do it rightly. She wasn't going to fail.

The prophecy came on a rather sunny day. Zeus had been in a good mood. The sea was calm, with rather pleasant waves.

Apollo rushed out of the elevator as soon as he heard the ding, eager to deliver the news of a new prophesy.

Eyes turned to him as he sat quickly down in his throne, which was golden, and decorated with sun charms.

"Apollo," Zeus addressed, "What is it that you have to tell us."

Apollo grinned, settling into his throne.

"A new prophesy has arrived, and it is my pleasure to deliver it to you."

He opened his mouth to speak again, but green mist filled the great throne room. When it cleared, a beautiful young lady stood in the middle of the thrones. Her eyes were green, and she had a green aura around her. She began to speak in a skeletal voice.

When the Daughter of the Plants meets the Son of the Sea,
The story of the two will repeat.
Blood shed, bones broken.
A shell is given a a token.
Trials they will undergo,
But love will survive the to and fro.

"Aw, come on!" Apollo exclaimed.

Aphrodite clapped her hands in delight.

"Oh, finally!" She cried, "A prophecy for my area of expertise."

All eyes turned to her, and she pouted.

"I'll do a good job this time!" she insisted.

Her family seemed skeptical, but she was determined. When this prophecy came to pass, her family would see. They were wrong. And this one came in the form of a prophecy. She was determined to get this love story right.