welcome to my humble and trashy abode

"half sister-in-law"

THE FIELDS OF ASPHODEL WERE AS UNPLEASANT AS THEY WERE BEFORE. Though, in light of her experience in Tartarus, it wasn't so bad.

She was still limping. She walked through spirits as though they weren't there, only trying to make it the Hades' palace before she passed out from pain.

The walk didn't seem too long, but it it was uncomfortable since she didn't have any shoes on. The grass poked through her socks and into the feet, leaving her gasping and jerking away from the sharp feeling.

When she finally reached the gates of Hades' palace, she realized that the carvings in the bronze were scenes of death. She shivered and limped closer, hearing the shrieks of angry furies overhead.

The gates were standing wide open, so Andromeda just walked right on in. The garden awaiting her was like nothing she'd ever seen before. There were glowing mushrooms and flowering shrubs. Trees that bore fruit loomed overhead while flowers were trampled unintentionally. The plants grew without sunlight, but were still luminescent.

Persephone's garden.

It was beautiful. It made Andromeda smile despite the still-spreading pain in her body. She wondered how she would get along with her half-sister. She had never actually met her, because all the times she had previously been to Olympus, Persephone had been down in the Underworld. Andromeda didn't know how she could stand it here.

Despite wanting to stand and look at the beautiful garden forever, she trudged forward, resisting the urge to eat every fruit or vegetable she saw.

The tart smell of the pomegranates wafted by, and she took a couple steps toward them. But she remembered the story of her half-sister and turned away from the fruit. As much as she loved this garden, she would hate to have to spend the rest of her life (and afterlife) in the Underworld.

She approached the steps of the palace, walked between the two black columns, and reached the doors. They were huge and pitch black and guarded by military skeletons. It gave her the creeps.

She thought about knocking, but she doubted the noise would reach anyone on the other side. The doors were too thick. Her hair blew in front of her face by some strange wind, but she just pushed it back behind her ears, ignoring the breeze.

"Uhh, Lord Hades?" she asked hesitantly.

More wind blew through the place and the doors opened with a huge and loud whoosh.

Andromeda took a deep breath and marched through the big doors. Her nerves were acting up, and her muscles were still jumping. This was the most pain she had ever been in. She groaned in annoyance at her inability to walk properly. Her back was causing her more pain than it had only moments ago.