bathroom explosions and dislocated shoulders

"brown eyes"

"brown eyes"

ANDROMEDA WASN'T SURE HOW SHE ENDED UP AT THE STRAWBERRY FIELDS, but once she got there, she had decided to help the plants grow a little.

But she found that she couldn't help the plants very much when she was angry. Instead of growing and blooming, the plants just dropped down and turned away, almost like they were shy.

When Percy started yelling at her, she got mad. Really mad. She had been about to suffocate him in flowers, but then she realized she would've lost dessert privileges and had to do dishes.

Andromeda didn't normally get that mad, but she had lashed out on Percy. She felt bad. Her mother would be disappointed in her for doing something so irrational. It wasn't in her nature.

Andromeda realized she was only making the strawberries smaller instead of bigger, and she made her way to her cabin.

She opened the door to her cabin, and collapsed intro her bed. She huffed out a breath of annoyance.

There were two pictures over her bed, one being of her first time winning capture the flag with her team, and the other being her with her first place medal for winning the lava wall race. Chiron had stopped giving out prizes for the races because kids were complaining that they never got awards. Andromeda still had her medal somewhere. It was probably in the loose floorboard that she put her more personal stuff in. It was right under her bed, and it was easy to get to.

Some campers had pictures above their beds, too. There were a couple of close friends, a couple of family, and a couple of people winning fights or races. One was of the time that Gregg from her cabin set a new record for how many cartwheels a camper could do in a row. Andromeda had held the title once herself, but she didn't hold it for long, because the Stoll's were determined to take it from her. Connor eventually beat her high score, and Andromeda had never bothered to try and beat his.

The floor was soft and grassy, which gave off a nice smell. There was an oak tree in the middle of the cabin. It helped support the roof. Floating bookshelves littered the walls, all holding book about gardening and seeds. She had a few books of her own, like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and one of her all-time favorites, The Outsiders. Most of the books she had read were literary classics and had been borrowed from the Athena cabin. However, all of the period romances she had read, like Persuasion, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility were borrowed from the Aphrodite cabin.

The Demeter cabin always smelled of pollen or grass. It helped the campers relax, and it made them feel more at home. The bunks were covered in flowers and vines, and the floor was always clean. The sheets and comforters on the beds were white and decorated with flowers and grain.

"Erre es korakas!" Andromeda heard someone yell.

That wasn't good. Someone was mad. She rushed out of her room to see Clarisse standing in front of Annabeth and Percy.

"We'll pulverize you," Clarisse said, her eye twitching, "Who's this little runt?"

"Percy Jackson," Annabeth said, "meet Clarisse, Daughter of Ares."

"Like ... the war god?" Percy asked stupidly.

Clarisse sneered. "You got a problem with that?"

"No," Percy said, recovering his wits. "It explains the bad smell."

He shouldn't have been angering her. She could do horrible things to him.

Clarisse growled. "We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy."

"Percy."

"Whatever. Come on, I'll show you."

"Clarisse - " Annabeth tried to say.

"Stay out of it, wise girl."

Andromeda ran over to them.

"Hey!" she yelled to Clarisse, but she had already started dragging Percy towards the bathroom.

Andromeda got closer to Clarisse, getting ready to punch her, but one of Clarisse's sibling put her in a headlock. She struggled, twisting and writhing, failing to get out of the girl's grip. Andromeda kicked and punched, but nothing was working. She grunted in pain as the girl tightened her grip around Andromeda's neck. Andromeda gasped for air.

"I've always wanted to do this to you," she growled in Andromeda's ear.

Andromeda was still struggling for breath when her head was thrust into a toilet. It smelled like rust and...well...you know.

Andromeda struggled against the daughter of Ares, not wanted to go face-first into toilet water. 'There is no way I'm putting my face in there,' she thought. She continued to fight against the girl behind her, but she was too strong. The Ares girl didn't budge.

Andromeda felt a tug in her core. She knew the feeling, and recognized it. She pulled on the feeling, tensing her core and straining to make the tug explode. A rope of flowers sprung up from in between tiles, wrapping itself around the Ares camper's elbow. For a second real fear shone in her eyes, but she quickly covered it up. The vine jerked down, the camper howled in pain, holding her shoulder, which was dislocated, and Andromeda was safe from the water.

But then water exploded from the toilet Percy was being pushed into. It arched over his head, slamming right into Clarisse. It pushed her away from Percy. Her friends started toward her, but the other toilets exploded, including the one that Andromeda was in front of.

She was soaked. The ends of her braids were soaked, and large drops of water dripped from the ends and onto her shoulders. Water droplets dripped onto her cheeks from her eyelashes. Her golden eyes found Percy's sea-green ones, and she glared at him. He was dry. She was not. And it was his fault.

But Andromeda stormed off towards Annabeth before he could even start apologizing.

"How did you-" Annabeth started.

"I don't know."

The three of them walked out of the bathroom. They saw Clarisse and her friends laying in the mud, with a crowd of campers gathered around, coughing up toilet water. Clarisse's camouflage jacket was absolutely soaked, and the trio could smell the sewage from where they stood. Her hair was a rat's nest, and it looked like she had been trying to drink from a fire hydrant. Clarisse shot Percy a look of pure hatred, silently saying, "I'll kill you later."

"You are so dead, new guy. So dead."

The Ares kid that had held Andromeda down was still holding her shoulder. She would have to see an Apollo camper about that.

"You want to gargle toilet water again, Clarisse?" Percy asked rhetorically, "Shut your mouth."

The crowd gasped, and some of them backed away as Clarisse kicked and struggled against her siblings restraint. If they hadn't held her back, Percy would have been dead before he could beg for mercy.

Annabeth looked at Percy. Andromeda was still smiling slightly at the camper that she had hurt. It made her seem like a maniac.

"What?" Percy asked, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking," Annabeth said, "We want you on our team for capture the flag."

"We do?" Andromeda asked.

"Yes. We do."