andromeda finally gets taller

"reverse tarzan"

"reverse tarzan"

IT WAS ANNABETH'S IDEA TO PILE INTO THE BACK OF TAXI.

"Los Angeles, please," she said.

"That's three hundred miles," the cabbie said, chewing on his cigar, "For that, you've got pay up front."

Annabeth thought for a moment. "You accept casino debit cards?"

"Some of 'em," he said, "Same as credit cards. Gotta swipe 'em through first."

Annabeth handed her LotusCash card to the man. He looked dubious.

"Swipe it," she insisted.

He did.

His reader machine started to rattle, and the lights flashed. Eventually, an infinity symbol came up next to the dollar sign.

"Where to in Los Angeles...uh, Your Highness?" he asked.

Annabeth straightened up. She obviously liked the title 'Your Highness'.

"Santa Monica Pier," she said, "Get us there fast, and you can keep the change."

It might've been better to tell him to stay at the speed limit, because Andromeda was holding onto Percy's hand for dear life as the cabbie zoomed through the desert at ninety-five miles per hour.

Once he slowed down, Andromeda realized she was still only in slippers. She couldn't complete her life-threatening quest in fuzzy slippers.

"Dang it!" she exclaimed softly, "These stupid slippers."

"You can use my shoes," Grover spoke up.

Andromeda nearly melted. Grover loved those shoes, and he was ready to give them up for Andromeda.

"Really?" she asked.

"Of course," he said, "I don't have socks, though."

"That's okay, I've got socks."

Grover untied his flying sneakers and handed the to Andromeda, who hurriedly took her slippers off and put the sneakers on in their place. The red clashed a bit with the purple, but she didn't care. She was happy to know that she wouldn't slow down the quest with her stupid slippers.

Afterwards, Percy explained about his dream. But he couldn't remember all the details. The Lotus Casino had ruined some of his recent memories. He didn't quite remember the exact details, just the gist of what it was about.