They're Gone

im forever pissed mohwee never found out oeca died so here have this one shot I wrote at 10:45 at night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mohwee remembers it well.

It all started like a normal day. He woke up and started his new routine. Eat an apple, check his armour, visit Squidney's grave, and try and get past Owen and into the maze. He pulled on his backpack and opened the door.

And was immediately greeted by Owen, his hand raised to knock on the door. behind the man stood Graecie, tears running fast down her face. "Mohwee..." He started. "Owen, if you're trying to not let me in the maze today, nice try." He rolled his eyes, looking for a way past the two. "You know I-" "It's about Oeca." Owen interrupted. Mohwee's heart lifted at the mention of his missing brother. but then, why were Owen's eyes growing glassy with hidden tears?

"Mohwee, Oeca's dead." The leader blurted. Mohwee just laughed in disbelief. "Yeah sure, where is he actually?" His heart slowly sunk when his question was only met with Graecie's sniffles and sobs. "Owen?..."

"He... tried to kill Graecie." Owen choked out, gesturing to the crying woman behind him. "He wasn't himself. But Ori followed, and stabbed him, and then he stabbed himself and he's dead Mohwee." At Owens' hurried sentence, Graecie burst into tears, rocking back and forth on her feet. Mohwee paid her no mind, falling to the ground, tears silently falling down his cheeks. Owen knelt down, pulling the teenager close as he sobbed. First Squidney, and now Oeca, the only person he had left, his chaotic little brother.

He was gone.

And he wasn't coming back this time.

Mohwee doesn't remember passing out from exhaustion, or Owen carrying him inside and laying him on his bed, pulling the red blankets over his shaking form because even in his dreams, he's still gone. What he does remember is waking up and expecting to hear Oeca's loud voice shrieking in his ear, Squidney's hands shaking him awake. But he didn't. Because the two people who he had cared about, who had cared about him- were gone.

Mohwee didn't come out for a while after that, staying inside hoping to hear Squidney scolding him for running in the maze or Oeca begging him to come throw knives with him. Graecie left meals outside his door, he never ate them. Graecie killed him. And he knows he's being stupid, that Oeca died by choice, but it still hurt. Having her be here and not them.

They were gone, and soon enough he would be too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

whoops I made mohwee really angsty and suidcial.

be lucky I didn't write Soup finding his body