The Netherlands

Kingdom of Spain and The Colony Philippines

[[Spain]]

A lot of time has passed... and well...

Philippine's currently having a siesta. Well, it is hot here and she wakes up very early in the morning to help around the house. She reminds me of Ita-chan.

There has been no major progress so far. She still won't listen or do anything. She also doesn't want to take in our culture. She doesn't want to become a christian, a catholic.

But sometimes, she can be meek. Whenever her mood's light and happy, there's nothing wrong. And I noticed that she's starting to take interest about our literature. Whenever I would spot her reading a spanish book, she pretends to do something else and leaves.

"España..." I heard her voice, to be followed by a yawn. I turned to look at her. She has a messy hair and it's very obvious that she still wants to sleep. She's so cute and fragile when she's like this!

"I saw birds plucking out worms from tomatoes in your garden." She rubs her eyes.

"My tomatoes!" I ran to the garden and waved the birds away. And I saw the worms in my precious tomatoes that Philippines was talking about.

I sighed. There is no stopping them. Worms are supposed to eat tomatoes by nature. And birds are supposed to eat worms by nature. And I'm supposed to eat tomatoes by nature!

I am in my house, in my own country. Philippines had a major culture shock at first. Structures of houses, food, language, trading, and everyday lives of spaniards.

She was able to cope and adapt, and then refuses to do so. She's still not giving in. Doesn't want to be a catholic, and doesn't like the system of education. I sighed.

Philippines sometimes would try to escape my house and struggle to leave.

I went back inside the house to find Philippines gone. Where did she go?

I looked around, and when I searched half of the house... I began to worry. "Philippines! Philippines! Filipinas! La Isla Filipinas!" I yelled. No answer.

Did she escape again?

When I entered the weapon room, I find her on her tip toes to see what's on the table. She can't see what's on top because she's too short, but her hands are roaming to feel what's there.

There's a sharp knife on top of the table and other sharp things. There's also a litten candle. And even more worse, if she accidently hits the handle of the battle axe beside her...

"Philippines!" I yelled.

Startled, she turned around and hitted the handle of the axe. I immediately ran and jumped to cover her. Gladly, I managed to cover her in time and the axe fell on a different direction.

"Are you hurt? Is something painful?" I asked.

She just stares at me, eyes largened. She's still in shock. Then she looks over to the axe at my side.

"Are you crazy?! Why would you do that?! Why did you protect me?!" Her eyes started to swell.

I smiled at her warmingly. Knowing already the answer, she cried. "I am your boss, and it is a boss' job to protect their underlings."

"Then what does an underling do if their job is not to protect their boss?!" She yells in frustation.

"It is to stay by their side wherever, whenever, whatever, no matter the circumstance." I told her.

"I-I I'm sorry!" She burts into more tears, which surprised me. If I believe... this is the first time she really cried.

"I'm really sorry! Triste! Triste!" She yells. (Triste is sorry in spanish)