Monster

The Strong Country of Great Britain and The Colony of The Kingdom of Spain

[[Philippines]]

I was about to get the letter from him but he took it back. "Read it outloud and remember, you are my property. You can't say anything to him about me being here." He warned me and gave me the letter.

I opened the envelope, tearing it. I don't need an evelope cutter just to cut it open.

I got out the letter and started reading it outloud like what England said.

"To my dear cute Philippines." I started. England laughed at that and I ignored him.

"It's been days already and I thought I made myself clear that you send me a letter after you arrive safely in your house? I was worried sick! There wasn't any news about you paying... the tax..." I started to shake and sweat.

"You didn't pay... by the end of the week. Now your tax fee... is raised to... 50%?!" I almost shrieked.

What about my people? Can they pay that amount? The british stole every valuable thing in Manila! Even inside churches!

"I don't know why you didn't pay, but now my boss is telling me to let you know that the tax fee is raised to 50%. I'm so sorry... Philippines. And he said that if you didn't pay, it will rise again. I'm really worried about you and I'm not there to protect you... come back already. I miss you." That's all. No more.

England had a guilty look. "I'll pay the taxes and handle everything. You just write back a letter, of course... I would see if it is appropriate." He said.

"Okay..." I only nodded.

I got a piece of paper, then a quail feather and ink. I wrote everything that seemed appropriate and England read it outloud.

"To Spain. I got too carried away that I completely forgot about the tax. I'll pay it... and in exchange of my carefree act, I need to follow and pay 50% more. There is nothing I can do about it anyway." England stops.

"There is nothing I can do about it anyway? There is nothing I can do about it anyway?! Heck, you can rebel and escape him! This is foolishness!" He says.

"I don't want him to get hurt!" I explained.

"And in exchange, you will suffer more? You will put Spain's feelings first than your own country and people?! That's lunacy!" He yells.

I just kept quite and clenched my fists. England just continued reading. "I'm fine, I'm alright. There's nothing to worry about, I swear. I get along with the spaniards in my house as well, they seem nice. Can I stay here more for a bit? It reminds me that I originate here. And by the way..." he stops for a moment.

"And by the way, what is my human name? I don't know what my human name is. Do I even have one? You, do you have a human name? What is it? Love, Philippines." He read the last paragraph.

"You don't know if you have a human name?" England asks.

"I was with Spain the most... and I don't know of any such thing." I replied, ashamed. I feel like I'm not a nation if I don't have a human name.

"The letter is alright. It will be sent later afternoon, so as well as the tax fees." He said.

I sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. Thank you-"

"But I find something so wrong!" He cutted me off.

"What? Which is it? The sentence where I said that I can't do anythi-"

"You get along with the spaniards well? That's rubbish! The spaniards are cruel! They treat your people, your kind, so cruelly! Spain may treat you so kindly and with so much care, but spaniards treat your people the opposite!" England again cutted me off.