Independence

There was still a little fight between America and Japan after the battle in the gulf. Japan surrendered later and the war has ended.

World War II, has come to an end. And it happened on March 7, 1945.

My friends in Europe call it the Victory Day, or for short... V-Day. The war has come to a stop, permanently. Everyone rejoiced, maybe even the Axis did.

July 5, 1945... America declared me an independent nation from Japan. I'm finally free from him, but when do I really get to be free?

Unfortunately, my boss died in New York due to an illness. Someone replaced him and he was the one who I accompanied at the last announcement by the japanese ever given.

The "Puppet Republic" is demolished. We're back to our own government.

July 4, 1946... the happiest day of my life. Just like what America promised, I'm now an independent nation. I'm free! I'm a nation of my own now! It's a dream come true!

As my bosses change, one decided to change our Independence day from July 4 to July 12. Because it was July 12, 1898 that my former boss, Emilio Aguinaldo, made his first declaration.

Now, America and I don't share the same Independence day. Suddenly, I came to know that Russia has the same independence day as me. July 4 is now a Philippine-American Friendship Day for us filipinos.

When celebrating my independence day for the first time on July 12, Spain came to visit. He gave me a necklace with a wooden cross as a pendant. He told me that he made it himself.

Romano and Veneziano was with him. And Romano... suddenly brings up the fact that I still owe him big time. What he wanted me to do is retain our relationship as close friends and that I would visit them every now and then.

It was years after the war has ended, and I think that's enough time for Japan to be back on his feet, right? And so, we agreed that Japan will pay for the destruction caused in my house. And it is no laughing matter.

My other boss has encourage other nations to show up for the Manila International Conference, which is in my house. The agreementnis that whenever they were attacked or invaded by a communist country, all of them will join forces and fight that nation. It's called the Manila Pact.

It was signed by me, of course. Then there's Australia, France, The United States or simply America, New Zealand and three others. It was a good plan, but sadly my boss at that time died from a plane crash and the pact didn't continue.

Aa the time passed, we also agreed that America would put up Military bases near my house. Scary!

Then I get to meet Vietnam! Thanks to my boss, I helped her during the war at her place! I finally got the chance to meet a female asian nation!

Being an independent country was hard at first! Eapecially that we were declared an independent nation after a war. But, we got through.

We're currently living in the modern period. And being an independent nation feels so great!

I can now look at Spain as a fellow independent nation, not as a colony. Everything went well even after the things he did to me, like giving me to America without letting me know. He recieved an uppercut, he deserved it. We're close, but not that close as before. I really wonder why?

England and I? I needed to even put some sense into England for him to admit that he wants to be friends with me again. We're even closer than before, maybe because we're not at war.

There's America. And I'm so ashamed of myself, I still rely on him! We retained our relationship, and it became more sturdy because of the hardships we both experienced together during WWII. He's friends with Japan!

Speaking of Japan, we're close friends now! We would celebrate our friendship day every year! And I would always watch his anime and listen to his music. He never changes even after the war.

And China... uh...

We kinda have this tension between us. Because we're both fighting over some islands. Not only us, there's Taiwan, Borneo and other nations as well. It's also not because of the islands, there's this issue of... nevermind.

I just don't want to go to war, not in this time and period. I'm tired of fights, and I want peace.

Please, I hope that China and I won't go to war.

Things goes nicely as of now. And everyone is having a good time.

Today, I celebrate my Independence Day... June 12, 2015. My wish? For world peace.

And I wish for more Independence days to come!

Make peace, not war!

P.S. Happy Independence Day to me and sir Russia!