Chapter 3

3rd Person P.O.V

After a few years, (Y/n) was going to finish primary school at age 9. She was a smart child, like her mother and father and her hair had grown alarmingly fast. It had already grown twice her body length and the only way for her father to keep it from looking weird was to plait it twice.

She was teased quite a lot for her hair, not just that but her intelligence to. She was the smartest child her school had ever known. While she was at school, her father was trying to devise a plan to make money out of her.

One night when she was deeply asleep, he snuck into her room and tried to cut her hair, only to find out that once it was cut, it turned brown and the magic died out.

He knew he couldn't keep this secret for long and decided to move counties once (Y/n) was done her education.

However, on the day she was about to graduate from high school at only 12, a boy who was about 16 cornered her, trying to beat her up for being too smart.

(Y/n) quickly ran as fast as she could to the car park where her father was waiting for her.

Just as she was about to call for help, the boy grabbed onto her thick braided hair that was already dragging onto the floor after being braided three times.

Robert turned in time to see (Y/n) struggle as the boy pulled out a pair of scissors and opened the scissors to cut her hair.

Robert ran at the two and before the boy could cut her locks, he ran off feeling quite terrified of (Y/n)'s father.

Robert knew that he would have to protect his immortality source and thus locked her in her room for the rest of her life.

(Y/n) knew that her father was only protecting her but she felt deep down that she wanted to be free again.

It had been 2 years since all of that and she was now 14 and every year on her birthday she would ask to go outside. Her father always said the same thing. He pointed at her hair which had grown to be 70 feet in length.

"How would we hide all you hair (Y/n) ?" he questioned.

"The same way you used to daddy." She would reply.

"I'm too old to tie your hair up, it hurts my fingers too much." He pointed out.

"Then let me heal you!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"You have (Y/n), I just don't want to tie your hair right now." Robert exclaimed. (Y/n) looked at him sadly and turned to walk off too her room.

The other town people had started getting suspicious about (Y/n) over the years. Robert knew they would have to leave. (Y/n) also needed to get an education and home schooling was definitely not an option.

A/N

Okay, I was typing this on my laptop and instead of righting (y/n), I wrote "urn" which means "your name" as well, so if you ever see "urn" in a chapter, it will mean the same as (y/n). I just probably forgot to change it before I published it.