Chapter 5

(Y/n) P.O.V

I fell asleep quickly on the plane ride. I was so tired and honestly I was glad to be able to sleep. All of our belongings had been shipped over already and all that was left to do was to unpack.

I felt someone shake me quickly and when I opened my eyes it was night time.

"(Y/n), we are here. Welcome to San Fransokyo!" My father exclaimed. I pressed my face against the glass window to see a city filled with millions of neon multi-coloured lights flicker. Who knew a city could be so beautiful?

We waited for the plane to land and quickly went to receive our luggage bags. My father signalled for a taxi to take us to our destination. It was a short ride to our home.

By the time we got there it was 8:30 pm. I looked around our neighbourhood. I was surprised to see a café open still called the Lucky Cat Café.

"Let's put our things in our house and grab some pastries for dessert seeing as we had dinner already on the plane." My father suggested.

He led me to a two storey house that was opposite the café I spotted. We walked inside to be greeted by all our furniture in the living room.

There was a kitchen and laundry room down the hall. I walked up the wooden stairs to see three rooms, one was a bathroom and the other two were bedrooms. I ran inside the biggest room which had my bed in it and flopped down.

I looked around and spotted a small balcony. I looked through the glass doors to see the café across from me.

I think the building also sported a house on top as I saw a boy about my age inside his room and his mum who was wearing a work apron hand him food.

I closed the blinds in front of the glass doors and put my bags in a corner of the room.

"Come on kiddo, let's go to that café, its closing in 20 minutes." My father called. I raced down the stairs and stopped at the bottom.

My head started to cloud up with negative thoughts. My father seemed to notice and stopped by my side. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I just hope that they don't question my hair." I said, pointing to my hair which was still in its braids. Yes my hair was up but it ran all the way down to my feet.

"Don't worry too much about it" My father soothed, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I sighed and nodded my head.

"Okay, I'm ready." I said. My father opened up the front door and we both walked out into the cool night air, we both raced to the café door. I threw my hair around a street lamp and pulled myself to the café door. No one seemed to notice. "Ha! I win!" I cheered.

"Yeah but you have that hair of yours." He reminded me. I nodded and rolled my eyes. "Just don't do that when others are watching." He said, opening the door.

A little bell chimed as the door closed and footsteps could be heard coming from upstairs. "Oh hi! Welcome to the Lucky Cat Café!" A woman with short, brunette hair and emerald green eyes smiled.

"Hi! We won't be too long, we just needed a couple of your delicious looking donuts before we get back home." My father smiled.

"Of course! Are you new around here? I haven't seen you around before." The lady asked as she got us the donuts.

"Actually we just moved in next door today." My father explained.

"Oh! Well in that case welcome! I'm Cassendra but please just call me Aunt Cass, that's what all the kiddos call me." She beamed.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Robert and this is my daughter (Y/n)." My father said, indicating to me.

"Oh! It's nice to meet you, may I say your hair looks lovely!" she exclaimed. I smiled faintly.

"Thank you Aunt Cass." She handed my father the bag of donuts.

"Thanks for the donuts, we better get going though, we still have a lot to unpack, right (Y/n)?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Oh! Well I don't want to keep you waiting! I hope to see you around then!" Aunt Cass beamed, waving goodbye as we left the café. Me and my father continued to walk back home and unlocked the door.

"See? Wasn't so bad, now get some rest, tomorrow you will be starting your first day of school as I will be starting work." My father smiled.

"Yeah I guess." I said, trudging up to my room.

A/N

Yay! Extra long chapter!