Chapter 22

(Y/n) P.O.V

"When will we go sightseeing?" I asked, remembering the quarantine signs. I didn't even know what those words meant, I typed them into my phone and was astonished at the results.I read in my head.

"A state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

'Many animals die in quarantine'"

I read in my head. I swallowed as I read the example the word was used in. DIE. DIE. DIE?! Animals DIE!? We were on an island that could potentially kill us?! Sorry for being a holiday spoiler but this was definitely NOT a holiday.

I turned to show my father my findings when I heard the metal door shut and the lock creak, he locked me in.

I started to panic, I thought he was my father! Well, he was but why would he do this? What was he planning?! I decided to keep my cool and wait until it was dinner time, however, a small cat flap opened and food was pushed into my room as if I was a prisoner, 'as if'? No... I WAS a prisoner and not just now either... I had been one my entire life but why?

This was just an excuse to take me away again, I was close to telling my friends about where we were going but my father stopped me... he knew they would find us!

And when he wanted them to forget me must have been so he would take me away...but why?

That's when my eyes fell upon my hair. Hair. He only got worked up because of my hair. My hair was all he ever cared about, my hair was his prized priority, his toy for being immortal, and he was USING me!

I sunk onto the stone hard bed and began to cry. I was stuck here now, no one would be able to find me and I was surely going to keep my selfish father as young as his heart contented.

My tears splashed onto my purple dress as it started to rain, perfect for reflecting my mood. Nothing else to make things better.

I looked at my door that was locked, the only light was the window in my dark and cold room. I sighed and went to sleep, what else could I do? It would take a miracle for me to break free.