9.

"Tonowari!" Tonowari immediately turned around when he heard his wife's panicked scream.

He cupped her cheek as he held one of her hands, trying to calm his panicking mate who just ran towards him.

"What is it? What is wrong?" he asked as he looked into her eyes.

"You have to go back there.. i- it's the bloodthirsty tsurak!" she screamed in panick as she pointed towards the water.

"Why? What happened?" he asked, still trying to calm her down.

"Txana! Txana is still in there.. the.. the tsurak is targeting her!" Tonowari's eyes widened upon hearing this news before he turned towards the other warriors who were just as shocked as him.

Before Tonowari could even say anything, a villager came running towards them.

"Akula! An akula has been spotted approaching the reef!"

Just like that, the world froze for the husband and wife.

After Ronal left Txana, the tsurak lunged towards her while she successfully evaded the creature's attack.

That tsurak kept on attacking her while she did her best to evade it's attacks, but that didn't stop the tsurak from successfully injuring her arm, making her draw blood.

She started to fight back and wrestle the creature after it had wounded her, her arms and legs wrapped around the creature's neck tightly until she found the right timing to connect her queue together with the tsurak's.

She gripped on their queues tightly until the tsurak calmed down and let her take control.

Before she could even take a second of peace, her eyes were met with a bigger pair of eyes, ones owned by a larger creature that she knew wasn't supposed to be inside the reef.

She immediately ordered the tsurak to avoid the creature when it started to swim towards them.

She bit her lower lip when the creature followed after them as she formulated a plan in her mind while desperately scanning the area.

Seeing how she would be unable to kill this monster inside the reef because they might encounter some of the villagers, she ordered the tsurak to head for the reef exit.

She was thankful that the tsurak was fast as it flew out of the water, giving her time to take a few breaths before it dove in again until they successfully left the reef.

Her ears blocked out other sounds as she focused on the current threat chasing after them. With the help of the tsurak, they found a place where they could trap the creature so she could kill it.

They went through the ring-like rock formations until they reached the smaller end that was enough to trap the creature as they swam above its head.

She took out the dagger that she had been hiding in her hair which cut the hair tie in the process of taking it out before she cited a prayer in her mind.

After the prayer, she raised her dagger above her head before stabbing it into the creature's skull with full force, dragging it until she made a line to make sure that the creature really was dead.

Seeing that it stopped moving and the life in it's eyes slowly disappeared, she took the dagger out and cited another prayer in her mind before getting on the tsurak that was waiting just beside her.