18.

Sa'tari went back to the village with his mate, Vineya, leaving the two siblings in the cave for them to have some time alone.

Sa'tari felt his mood going down as he thought of possibly losing his friend who understood him and was always there even if he didn't ask.

He saw Ronal and Tonowari with Jake and Neytiri as the four adults approached him and his mate.

"Where are Aonung and Tsireya?" Tonowari asked him.

"They are still in the cave, waiting for the bracelet to go back to its healthy glow." Sa'tari replied with a dull mood.

"What?" Ronal asked in confusion.

"The shell bracelet that Tsireya had matched with Txana, i gave it to them as a gift and a symbol of connection." Sa'tari explained.

"Okay but what do you mean by the glow?" Tonowari asked.

"The bracelets glow beautifully if those who are wearing them are healthy and alive, if the bracelets stop glowing, it means one of the pair had died and it'll turn black if they both died. Currently, the bracelet is flickering, which means Txana is fighting for her life, but in a critical condition where chances of surviving are low." Sa'tari continued explaining as Ronal gasped and almost fell but Tonowari caught her.

"When will it end?" Tonowari asked while Sa'tari shook his head.

"I don't know, it will depend on how long Txana can last." Sa'tari replied sadly, making Ronal bury her face on Tonowari's chest.

"Where is Neteyam?" Neytiri asked Sa'tari.

"He went back to the forest to try and save Txana." Sa'tari replied.

"What?! How is he gonna do that?!" Jake asked with a bit of anger in his tone.

"I don't know, he knows her better than anyone, they know each other better than anyone." Sa'tari replied with a hint of coldness in his tone.

Sa'tari couldn't look at the man straight in the eyes without thinking of how Txana looked like she was gonna kill them yesterday.

"Sorry, please excuse us." Vineya said as she walked away with Sa'tari.

Tonowari was also a sensitive man, he could see the hostility that Sa'tari had towards Jake Sully, it was as if something had happened that he didn't know about, but knowing Sa'tari and the current situation with Txana, he felt as if the hostility he had for the man was there because of the girl.

Txana woke up in the middle of the forest, it was early in the morning, and the forest had a green glow in it that gave her nostalgia as she inhaled the fresh air.

Her eyes went to the lake in front of her, she didn't know how she got here but she knew that it was because of the curse, since she was now 17.

She sighed before standing up, her eyes scanning the water for a sign of anything glowing, when her eyes set sight of the target, she dived deep into the water as she swam towards the gem before taking it and quickly swimming back up to the surface and getting on the ground.

She panted as she looked at the gem as it dissipated and was absorbed by her before she lost her consciousness again.

"Father, i don't want this! I love someone else!" Txana saw a woman who looked like her shouting at a bigger man with pain in her eyes while an older woman was just standing in the corner, painfully staring at the two.