Chapter 6

⚠️ SH trigger warning ⚠️

We're friends now, and that's okay. It's brilliant compared to 2 days ago, I'm happy I swear, I value his friendship but I did leave...that he's right about. "You have to stop doing that Ell...please." my sweet Silkk sits at the edge of the bathroom sink.
"Father said that if he is unable to do it...we do it ourselves, I learnt that the hard way. He would always ensure we learn from our mistakes, that's why he sent me to Paris, let me get attached and then dragged me back to London. When I went back everything was much worse...you know that Silkk."

"He's gone El...you don't have to do it anymore...you're not under his command anymore."

"I can't Silkk...I've tried..." I take a deep breath, don't feel it Estella...block it out. I put on my long sleeved white blouse, a pair of black pants and braid my hair halfway to put up a half ponytail to hold my miraculous. Silkk chooses her bag and macaroons and we leave the room.

"Morning my love." Mom hugs me as I enter the hall. "So I was thinking...you, me, breakfast? Before we meet whoever it is your brother wants us to meet." I hug her tight, I always will. "Of course mom, anything for you." "And same to you my dear. Let's go, Félix told me about those macaroons you like, I'd like to try them too." she beams.

I introduced my mom to Marinette and her parents, Marinette was speechless and I don't blame her. It must be weird seeing your boyfriends moms twin. We got macaroons and sandwiches as we sat at the balcony of a restaurant with a stunning sea view. Yea...a stunning sea view.

"What are you staring at honey?"
"OH! Uhm nothing, just the Uh...the beach! Yea the waves are...beautiful." I chuckle sipping my tea.

"So which is it? Nothing, the beach, the waves or your boyfriend over there?" she smiles biting into a macaroon. "He's not my boyfriend..." I sigh placing my half eaten macaroon on the plate.
"Oh no honey...do you want to tell me about it?"

"I screwed up mom...when I left, I left him too and we left things on a really bad note, I told him I'll be back soon and I only turn up years later. When I came back he could barley even look at me...he got into a relationship recently and they broke up, I don't know the details. I told I'm we can be friends 'coz I don't want to be a rebound.'' Don't. Feel.
"Every great love story is rooted in friendship honey," she holds my hands in hers, "Rebuild." her kind green eyes seem to melt my pain away. "I love you mom." I try try try to hold back my tears. "I will always love you more. Now go on, I'll take these home for you. Five sharp okay, don't be late." she winks as I peck her forehead and run downstairs.

Red hair. Alix. "Hello Alix." "Oh hey Stella, your parents dragged you out here too?" She sighs. "Ms. Fathom hello! Are you here with your mother?" A man who I assume is Alex's father walks up to us. "Yes sir, you should go talk to her about the museum, I'm sure she'd be fascinated. Meanwhile, may Alix and I go?" I smile, Alix looks like she doesn't want to be here. "Oh sure of cou-"
"THANKS DAD! LOVE YOU!" Alix grabs my arm and runs out of the restaurant.

Let go. Let go. Let go. "Let go!" "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." Alix lets go and my arms sting. "It's okay..." come one Estella don't let her see you. "We really dodged that one huh?" I chuckle, hopefully enough to avoid suspicion.

"YEAH! Thank you! I've been trying to get out of breakfast all morning, I don't wanna seem ungrateful or anything but fancy restaurants aren't really my thing. What about you?" She sits on the side of the road and puts her roller-skates on. "

"We already had breakfast, my mother said I could go because I...had other plans." I smile as she extends her hand, I think she wants me to help her up.
"We're all hanging out at Alya's place if you wanna join." "Yea I'd love to! I just want to go shopping for some art supplies and pick up a new sketchbook for Marinette, would you like anything, I really don't mind." I smile.
"I'm good thanks, you decide. So you and Marinette, no beef...?" She begging's to skate at a slow pace "Of course not, why would there be? I mean, she didn't even know I existed, none of it is her fault. Besides now Blue and I are friends now." smile Estella smile... "Whatever you say mahn, just know that we all got your back okay. I'll leave you to your plans Stella." she winks.

"We will Alix, you too." Luka...? "SEE YOU GUYS'' Alix skates off into the city.
"Come on." oh no oh no oh no...he sounds upset. "Is there anything you'd like to tell me Ella?" don't split. Don't split. DON'T SPLIT, just nod Ur head.
"Are you okay?" tell him Estella you have to tell SOMEONE! "Yes Luka, everything is good." NO! Nothing is okay...

The world stops...everything goes quiet. Absolutely nothing else matters right now...I've been waiting for this for years. A match lights in the middle of a frozen land, thawing its way through. His arms are finally around me, the world is contrasting into brighter colors...he's the warmth I've been searching for my whole life. I'm home. "I'm always going to be here for you Ella...always." his pulls me closer and I finally gather the strength to do the same.

Everything was perfect...absolutely perfect...until I saw that damn butterfly.

"NO!" I push Luka out of the way, it can have me instead. "Go to Marinette." I put my miraculous into my bag and throw it to my left. "LUKA RUN!"

"Hello Split, I am Hawk Moth. I see your pain, having to hide everything behind a smile. I will grant you the power to make that easier by separating a person into their different personalities, true and fake, all I ask in return are ladybug and cat noirs miraculous."