CHAPTER 11

"There's some internal damage to her body but we can take her in for surgery. Did Estella suffer from any extreme accidents? Just for a quick analysis, we can't tell anything for sure before we take her in but we have to go now." The doctors words send chills down my spine.

"Felix, head home and pack a bag for her for the hospital and call me when you're ready okay, I'll head to the hospital with Stella." Mom tightens her grip on my hand, "I'm going to be okay mom..." I reassure her with a smile.

"Very well then." The ambulance doors open as a hospital bed appears in front of me.
Damn these people are loud, I'm greatful that Silkk went with Marinette she would've been seen.

I begin to cough again and a woman helps me onto the bed. What used to be a simple cough is now nothing but blood escaping through my mouth. The voices around me turn to mumbles, then whispers accompanied by a ringing siren, ten nothing but a faint dream in the distance. Suddenly I feel a oxygen mask surround my nose and mouth.

The faint dream slowly fades until everything is completely gone. The world around me changes before my eyes. Suddenly I'm surrounded by beautiful pink trees, the petals gently falling onto a still lake. Soft ripples emerge in the water by the fish residing inside. The grass is a soft bed of green with tiny white flowers peeking from between random blades. I caress the water with my fingertips as more petals fall gracefully, floating on the water surface as though it were in flight. It's so peaceful...

But of course, nothing peaceful ever lasts. I hear cried in the near distance and make my way closer to it. Suddenly a booming voice almost made my ears bleed. "What do you think you're doing?!" A whip slash echoes behind the voice. I gasp for air but my lungs fail me. I feel a pull at my ankles dragging me across the grass I can't seem to grab. I claw at the ground, trying to stop myself from being pulled any further to the point where it feels as though my nails are about to be ripped off from the force.

"WAKE UP!" A whip slash paints the grass red but I never got the chance to see it fall.

I jolt up in a panic, beads of sweat falling down my neck. I frantically search for any harm then realise it was simply a dream. "ELL!" Mom and Felix rush toward me. "Breathe..." Felix places his hand on my shoulder as I do exactly as he says, shaking from the dream.
Don't feel.
Don't feel.
Don't feel...

"Stay wit her, I'm getting a doctor." Mom runs out.

"H-how is this possible...? I-I thought people like us don't get sick...?" I say in between broken breaths as Felix stares at me with sorrowful eyes. "I...I don't know Ell, I guess we were made to be normal humans so..." He sighs. "I don't know.." He hangs his head.

"I was so worried...I had no idea father went to such extreme lengths towards you..." He hugs me and I hiss in pain from the force against my stitches. "I'm sorry that I had to hide it....if I didn't father would've done worse..." He immediately pulls away realizing the pain he caused to the healing stitches, "I promise you, I'll always protects you." My heart feels eased by his words.

"I'm glad to see that you're awake Miss Stella." The doctor walks in, thankfully he's a familiar face. I was wondering why a random doctor would be treating us instead of the family doctor who knows what we are. "Hey Doc...do you know how this could be possible?" Doc studied the miraculous and beings like us as well as being a normal doctor. "If I'm being honest, I have no idea Miss Stella. I have a hypothesis but that goes against the theory of your immune system. I assume that since you were made to basically imitate a human in every way, the effects of what your father did is as it would be in a human, but for some reason it took much longer." Doc flips through his notebook.

Mom hands me a try of food and a bottle of juice. "When can I go home?" I ask. "Well, the surgery went well but the thing is we never should have had to perform it in the first place. If it's okay with you, I'd like to run more tests." Doc smiles. "I don't want to be a test subject, and I hate hospitals..." I sigh. "Does she need anymore medical attention?" Felix asks and Doc says no. "Then we'll collect whatever her subscription is and we'll be on our way. Thank you." Mom adds. "But that's against hospital policy-" "We have adequate facilities both in London and in Paris, we'll bring the doctors to Stella." Felix gets a wheelchair, "Why do I need a wheelchair?" I raise my brow. "Would you like to try standing with all those stitches and fall flat on your face? I didn't think so, now come on." he and Doc help me onto the chair.

I hiss in pain as I move realizing why I need this wheelchair. Suddenly I hear heavy footsteps running down the hall. "STELLA!" Adrien rushes toward me. "I'm so glad that you're okay!" He reaches out to hug me but Felix stops him.
"Her wounds aren't healed enough for hugs right now." He says and Adrien nods.

"Are you coming home?" Adrien asks and I nod with a smile. "Luka was waiting at the house, I figured you wouldn't want him knowing so I told him that there was an emergency and you couldn't make it." Adrien smiles as Mom takes the handles of the wheelchair and starts pushing.
"Thanks Adrien, you were right. I wouldn't want him knowing." I sigh, I can't keep the truth from him for so long.

We get in the car slowly, trying not to cause much pain. After a lengthy process, we succeed. As we drive home, I request to stop at Marinette's bakery to get Silkk and some macaroons.

"Hey Mrs. Dupain Cheng." I smile as Felix pushes me into the bakery. "OH HONEY WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Her voice is full of concern as she rushes to me and calls for Marinette. "I'm in recovery from surgery." "Shouldn't you still be in the hospital?" Mr. Dupain Cheng asks in concern. "We can bring the doctors to her, she hates hospitals." Felix says in a cold tone. "Adrien?" The couple asks as Felix sighs.

"This is my twin, Felix. Adrien is our cousin, it's a commo misunderstanding." I smile.

"E-Ella...?" I hear a bicycle fall to the floor.

Blue.