Arc VII - Chapter 9

Dustin POV

God, where the hell is this birdbrain? He was suppose to be here like two hours ago. He's not answered any of my calls or text either. If it wasn't for the fact that this is Rakan I'm thinking about, I'd think I was growing paranoid. Literally anything could happen with him.

Petra: So...

Dustin: Yeah...

The plan was to go get groceries with Rakan and Petra so we could at least confirm Y/N's group would be alright for the next two weeks or so. Now that birdman is taking his time getting here, I'm curious as to why I actually chose him for this. I could've just picked Marco and called it a day. He's not busy to my knowledge. Oh, I could also pick Treyvon though he's been busy with something. He won't tell anyone what which is only making some of us more curious.

Dustin: I almost wanna go back inside and have a quick fuck but I ain't got any condoms right now.

Petra: Can we please just focus on something that's actually important? Where would Rakan even go if he got lost?

Dustin: First off, fucking is important as it can relieve stress and I've got plenty of that right now. Secondly, this is Rakan we're talking about. For all we know he's on the next spacecraft to the moon.

Petra gives me the fair enough expression and checks her phone.

Petra: Those coupons will be good for the next three hours. After that though, we'll have to pay full price for everything.

Dustin: We were gonna have to do that for everything those coupons weren't going to cover. What even do we have again?

Before she could respond, one of the neighbor's dogs started to howl like there was no tomorrow, and reminding me why this street in particular sucks balls.

Dustin: I can't wait to move away.

Petra: And leave your dear mother behind?

Dustin: She'll sneak into a retirement home and not have to pay a cent for anything in there.

Petra: She probably learned how from your sorry ass.

Oh, she thinks she's SO funny. I'm gonna get her back later. Don't know how just yet, but I will. My ears then make out the faint sound of some dude singing. Peeking my head over the porch, I see Rakan on the end of the sidewalk making his way here.

Dustin: This dude sounds like Kanye if he forgot he was a black rapper.

Petra: He's got more rhythm than you. That's for sure.

Dustin: If that's what passes as rhythm, I'll gladly be the clumsy one.

Reaching down and grabbing an old baseball, I give it a kiss and throw it as hard as I can. I then watch Rakan nearly fall onto his back after getting nailed in the face.

Dustin: Score motherfucker!

I then make a mad dash toward the ball so that I could pick it up and give it another kiss.

Rakan: Anyone else get the one eight hundred on that truck...?

Dustin: One eight hundred, wake your late ass up.

After giving his face a light slap, I grab his arm and pull him off the ground where he shakes off his head trauma.

Rakan: What was that for anyways?

Dustin: Dude, you said you'd be here at eight thirty. It was ten thirty three minutes ago. What the hell happened?

Rakan: Well, I was listening to some music on the way here, only to completely neglect that I was walking in the wrong direction. By the time I realized that, I was in a part of town I didn't recognize and my phone was dead so I just kept walking. Went into this one place that had a pretty lady I thought I recognized. Probably some poor girl that looked like an old fling of mine and then I left. A few minutes after I left the place I think I watched some dude get shot after he stepped out of his car and whoever shot him had completely disappeared. Then I remembered that my mark would lead me back to Y/N and I remembered you lived in the same area so I used that to guide me right back here.