Arc IX - Chapter 23

Logan: Here we are, once again! It's upload numero 69! Thankfully, I have the route fully planned out now so there won't be another 200 chapter limit to block us. Now, watch as I proceed to mess that up lol.

Third Person POV

It had been a long week on Runeterra. With the Firelights having to scan Zaun for as many Glasc Industry bases as possible, two forces waged war in secret. That being Y/N's champions and Clan Ferros. It was a tricky game of chess between both parties as any and all information gathered would be put to use. While they did that, Y/N studied the papers given to him and was making great strides in his practice. Right now, he was learning to hold objects up much like Syndra could with her magic.

Teemo: Are we sure this is magic from Runeterra and not just the Force?

Y/N was entertained by the thought of being a Force user. All he needed now was a lightsaber or something similar. With this newfound power at his finger tips, he could probably make one. However, that moment of thought caused him to lose focus, making all the objects hit the ground.

Y/N: Whelp, there goes that I guess.

Teemo: I would assume it's like using abilities here, albeit much harder.

Y/N: I also need to use my own emotions to trigger it.

An idea then popped into his head, and he smirked a little. Using his childhood boy tendencies before being reeling in by his grandmother as a basis, a mushroom forms in his palm. Teemo turns his head whilst raising an eyebrow as high as it could go.

Y/N: Think fast!

Teemo was barely able to roll back in time to avoid getting spiked in the face. The copy of his mushroom then creates a splat sound as it hits the wall. Looked like a mash potato after that.

Teemo: Very funny. I'm not cleaning that up.

Y/N: I'll handle it later.

Teemo: How'd you even do that?

Y/N: It's my imagination primarily. So long I can base my emotions on a particular event, I have pretty decent control. Working it into my everyday life though, that's gonna be the challenge.

Naturally, the idea of actually using his magic that much popped into his head. If he practiced it everyday, he'd be a master in no time. But why would he need all this power? Eventually, his journey will end and he may not even need or have the mark after it's all said and done. It would be bad if he grew complacent and didn't practice, but using it for his normal life would be risky and somewhat pointless. Y/N was lost in the thoughts before being pulled out of them by Caitlyn's entry into the room.

Caitlyn: Everything alright in here?

Y/N: Yes. We're fine. How are things going outside?

Caitlyn: As fine as we can manage. Do you think you'll be ready soon?

Y/N: Yes. We should be able to head out soon.

Caitlyn: Then I'll get to forming our route.

Before she leaves, Y/N attempts to probe her emotions like Evelynn would, something the latter immediately feels, despite being outside the barracks.

Evelynn: That's weird...

Y/N was able glean a tinge of regret from the Sheriff, almost immediately making a reaction. Caitlyn caught wind of it though.

Caitlyn: Is something wrong?

Y/N: Nothing. Just... thinking...

She nods and steps out to plan their route of investigations once again. Vi passes right by her. When Caitlyn tried to grab her attention, Vi ignored her and walked into the room. While the Sheriff found it out, she decided to leave it alone for now. For the most part, Vi had been ignored by basically everyone. Everyone except for Y/N. Once the door was closed, she came and sat down next to him.