Cup 23: Wisteria the Water Mage

Ryu rolled out of the way as the mage's icicles shot past him. This b***h is trying to kill me! He scrambled up the stairs, hiding behind bookshelves as she sent more projectiles his way.

"W-Wisteria, dear! Stop! You're destroying the study!" Sir Reginald exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?!" Wisteria yelled at Ryu, ignoring her father's pleas.

"I was invited here!" Ryu yelled back.

"Ha! A likely story. What sick methods of magic did you use this time to brainwash my father?!"

"None, you psycho! Who attacks people out of the blue like this?!"

"I think anyone with half a brain knows the likes of a 'Panty Snatcher' wouldn't be welcome in a noble's household!" Wisteria conjured a cloud above Ryu's location, dropping more daggers of ice.

"This title is just an unfortunate side effect of my heroism! I promise!" Ryu tried explaining as he slid out of the way.

"No, you're just a weird pervert who likes to steal women's underwear! Have you no shame or decency? Do you have so little respect for us that you think it's okay to steal our clothes?"

"Hey! I believe in equality! If you want to steal mine, be my guest!"

"L-like I'd take that offer!" Wisteria exclaimed, flustered. She whipped up a blizzard inside the study.

"Wisteria! Stop this madness! This man earned that title fighting two Generals of the Demon Lord's army!" Sir Reginald protested, his teeth chattering.

"He must be lying, Father! Who in their right mind would believe that a General would be driven away by such a ridiculous thing!"

"It's right there in the description of his title! That cannot be manipulated!" the lord pointed out.

"Seriously?" Wisteria scowled, relenting.

The snowstorm let up. Ryu peeked from behind another bookshelf.

Wisteria sighed, rolling her eyes. "Come on out of there. You're still weird, but if my father trusts you enough to let you into our home then you must be harmless."

"Oh, thank you, Ms. Huxley," Ryu replied sarcastically.

"Do you want me to freeze you?" Wisteria threatened.

"I think your father already took you up on that offer," Ryu said, pointing to Sir Reginald.

The mage turned to the lord of the manor only to find him frozen solid. He had received the brunt of her spell.

"Ack! Father! We need fire! Start a fire! Where are the matches?!" she panicked.

Ryu lowered himself back down to the main floor of the study, approaching them. "Relax, I've got this," he said, casting [Combustion]. He imbued his hands with flames and slowly hovered them over Sir Reginald until he had been completely thawed out.

"T-thank you, Ryu," he shivered. "W-Wisteria, dear c-could you send f-for, Maxwell?"

"Of course, Father," she replied, sending a bird made of water out the door.

Moments later the butler arrived, hastily escorting the lord out of his study. "Let's draw you a nice hot bath, sir."

"That sounds wonderful, Maxwell. Thank you. I'll let the two of you get to know each other," Sir Reginald said, taking his leave.

Wisteria tapped her foot impatiently. "Thanks for thawing out my father. I'm Dame Wisteria Huxley. There isn't much else to know about me other than being a water mage and a noble."