23:final exams

John's pov

Currently, I and tokoyami were at one of the u.a facilities with my ability active.

"Now, then let's get one thing straight, you won't be able to imitate my method of flight because quite frankly, they function completely differently."

"Your ability seems to have a mind of its own while I function by outputting aura through my channels." I said signaling to how my aura acts differently.

"That being said, the overall power you have is way greater than my copy. Your weaknesses to light might end up getting in the way."

Using some of the facility settings, we were able to make the light dimmer

I proceeded
To instruct him to activate his ability.

Tokoyami's pov

As I was looking at the fall ahead, all I could think of was what kind of training he had in mind.

John, then, cutting off my thoughts said
"One last thing I apologize in advance.."

Before my mind could process the statement, John pushed me off the cliff with an open palm.

As I fell, my body was challenged with the wind it was so out of nowhere that I was practically powerless to stop the fall.

Just as I was about to hit the floor, my body froze mid-air.

Huh, I reacted in confusion.

I started floating back up to the same cliff that he pushed me off of.

T-this is uraraka's quirk, I thought to myself.

I was again face to face with John, who had an orange outline.

"If that's the best you can do right now, then you're never going to reach your goal. I'll help you, but by no means will that mean I'm going easy on you, got it, "

I tried responding, but before I could, I was suddenly falling again.

Despite that all the pain was in my head, John was masterfully using the gravity quirk to ensure I had no damage.

After 5 hours of this hell, I was lying down exhausted.

John jumped off the cliff, gently landing using the quirk.

He extended out his hand to me on the ground.

"Not bad for the first day. It would be impossible to teach you anything if you lack experience in the air"

He asked, "So tokoyami, are you sure you want to continue?"

John's kind of quirk training was brutal, but then again, when has anything worthwhile not required work.

I responded with conviction "yes I won't back down."

John deactivated his quirk. "You're quite motivated, aren't you, I'll see you around then,"

John's pov

There wasn't any particular reason why I decided to help tokoyami, I guess it would give me something to do.

It's just looking back at his ability during the sports festival, knowing he had so much potential. I wanted to see if I could bring it out.

He had the drive to improve. If he were to stay the way he was right now, he would be considered wasted potential.

I mean, that's what I would I have been if I never found out about my ability.

I was at a ua facility when Tokoyami entered.