24:practical exam

Aizawa pov

I continued explaining to class 1 A what they were in for.

"Additionally your partners and opponents have already been chosen,"

"They were determined at my discretion based on various factors including fighting style, grades and interpersonal relationships"

(Flashback)

"If fights against villains are going to intensify, then having the kids fight robots aren't going to cut it" commented snipe.

He added "originally we used them to avoid complaints about people getting injured in the entrance exams but they're just not challenging enough"

Complaints are the least of my worries so I said "let them say what they want"

Cementoss said with a doubtful expression "I understand why you want to change the exam but have students fight us? Even in teams of two is that a good idea?"

13 agreed saying "yeah I think it's a bit unfair"

Snipe suggested giving the students an advantage.

I turned over to the silant but observing nezu and asked him
"Principle, what are you thinking?

He responded instantly "I agree we need to change the practical exam to reflect current times"

"The answer is simple we must push them and make sure they are as strong as possible"

Now that I had everyone's approval I moved on to the teams.

"First todoroki. He's doing quite well generally speaking but relies too much on brute forse, and Yayorozu is an all rounder but lacks the ability to make spur of the moment decisions on the fly therefore I'll erase their quirks and take full advantage of their weaknesses"

"Next for John and ashido.
John actually excels in both of the things that Yayorozu and todoroki lack not being overly reliant on his quirk while staying adaptable. Despite his Mediocre grades John is a fighter that relies on his mind more than anything else however he has quite a bit of shortcomings. firstoff indirect fights are a struggle for him. His interpersonal skills also limits his potential for this reason. I put him in with someone he doesn't know.

"Ashido takes things too casually and could use improvements in her grades overall though she could do better I'm hoping she learns from John not to underestimate opponents."

"The best match up for these two would be you principal. By forcing John into a indirect battle you take his edge away while at the same time making ashido take her challenges more seriously. I'm sure you could also plan for any quirk John might use by making this the first fight you take away his ability to plan ahead of time"

Present time

John's pov

Nezu then spoke "now let's anounse the teams and who they're facing in order"

"The first match up is yours truly against John and ashido so you two better bring your A game"

The fight on the surface seems simple enough but something in my gut told me it wouldn't be so straightforward knowing this I took a glance at hagakure and copied her ability.

As everyone had their match confirmed we entered the building.

Nezu addressed the win conditions for the exam" to win you must either put these hand cuffs on your teacher or escape trough the gate"

Some of the teachers put on weights to give us an advantage I noticed nezu didn't this ment he wasn't planning on directly fighting me or ashido.

Keeping that in mind I deactivated My ability.