2:The Roles in Society

John's POV

I still had many more unanswered questions. Since I had nowhere to go they had agreed to let me stay awhile in a holding cell for a day or two till we waited for some people to arrive.

One thing I noticed while just walking around is that in this world my passive is a pain in the ass since abilities here are more like mutations their powers are active 24/7 but that can also work in my favor.

I was curious to see what system this world follows if it's anything like the last I'll probably break a window or two out of disappointment.

The room I was in was more like a holding cell than an actual room except I could leave freely, of course, I could not leave the building without permission, god It felt like a mass quarantine had happened I still felt trapped

I turned my head to the door as I was expecting people to come. I'm still not sure if my passive is good or bad at this point.

Anyway once the door opened I saw the chief along with two other people one looked tall and extremely buff with blonde hair and the other extremely short I couldn't tell if he was a white mouse or a small polar bear.

The tiny person talked in an energetic tone "Hello John I'm Nezu head principal of UA high and the person accompanying me here is All Might the number 1 hero.

This All Might guy is strange now I can't
Guge people's power with my power or passive. But I can sense their location and how much energy they used from the looks of it

One-he was on a time limit 

Two-he had multiple abilities

"What do you people want from this"  I wasn't in the mood for any bullshit

"That's for you to decide John what role in society do you intended on taking?"

I thought they only said that due to my power so I asked

not that they knew what I was capable of

"say I was completely powerless what could I fulfill with such a limitation"

"well even the so called powerless have  power you don't need a quirk to be useful you can say be a lawyer, a principal like me I'm not physically strong but I make up for it with intellect or hey even a therapist is a good job

"what's a therapist?"

"Someone who helps people with their problems both mentally and emotionally that's an odd question"

oh like the readjustment facility I thought remembering how bad the experience was, nope I thought therapy is probably worse that's something to avoid.

My thinking was cut off but the tiny person

"John you have two choices Ethier we direct you to minor service where they will try to find a home for you or you can take up my offer and try enrolling into UA high I do warn you tho the acceptance is only two percent and I can't pull any strings for you, as for your Id issue that was handled by the police and All might yesterday"

is he trying to manipulate me?

he then handed me an id

Name: John Doe

Grnder/m

Quirk: Aura Manipulation

Birthday: November 18

Age:15

I was shocked first off my age said I was 15 but that was wrong secondly my photo mug shoot had me looking younger than when I was in my old world maybe I became younger in the new world, still didn't make sense that my ability felt the exact same as before. Actually, if my ability did get weaker I'd probably regain most of my power since I know best how to use and control it. I mean at the end of the day I am John so i kept all of my muscle memory in terms of fighting.

"Ok even if I do make it to ua I'm still pretty much homeless unless you have dormitories"

"Ua does have such a facility"

"Ok then I guess I'll say here at this station till the entrance exams"

"by the way John, the exam is in one month"

I was sorta nervous I had already tried twice both of them ended in my friendships collapsing. I might be stupid to still have hope but I'm tired of being a terrible person but I will change my goal. My goal will not mainly be to make friends that ALWAYS END IN PAIN FOR ME.

But this is a society that believes that anyone has the power to be useful can I fit in?

Nezu's POV

"me and all might will be on our way out chief"

"Hey sir I can't keep this form for much longer so let's hurry up" steam started emitting from him

UA High

"All might what are your thoughts on him?"

"Well I was just worried about The possibility of him being a part of All for one's schemes but that doesn't seem probable, what are your thoughts your opinion is probably more interesting than  mine"

"I don't really have much of an opinion on him but I do suspect that unlike other kids he probably developed his power a little later than other kids"

"Oh, and what makes you assume that?"

Well to start I've worked with kids before and his personality is not what you would expect"

"People who are born powerful have a set personality maybe being prideful in your gifts or confidence is also something most powerful people have. As for people with extremely weak quirks or none at all they view the world in a different light than those who are born powerful. They Ethier envy people with power sometimes out of jealousy, look up to said people with power. Or best case aspires to suit a proper role in society. My point is both groups see things differently"

"Now All Might you of all people should understand this. What normally happens when someone who is extremely weak goes from being weak to being powerful their views are challenged by themselves they weren't thought the responsibility of handling power so their values are drastically different from people who were already strong.  In some cases, this can hinder how society treats you wich isn't good"

All Might's POV

"I do understand how it is to be treated lesser than others for being quirkless. And when I inherited one for all my views were different from others who did have power. I wanted to be a hero not for the money but to inspire hope to be a symbol of hope. Mostly everyone else saw it as a profession, similar to a professional doctor but instead a professional hero. That's probably why I gave young Izuku my quirk.

"is that why you wanted to enroll him besides on a scale of 1 to 10 how sure are you on him be a late bloomer"

I am without a doubt sure of it

"That was quick"

"I already suspected that from the brief you gave me but right now I'm sure of it from just chatting with him"

"I don't know a thing about his past but I hope we can help him here at UA"

"you talk about me being the same as ever but you have barely changed"

"Remember I gave you this job because being the symbol of peace takes a toll on you what the point if you stay being reckless"

Bonus

Nezu's power card

Quirk: High specs

Power 2/5

Speed 2/5

Technique 5/5

Intelligence 6/5

Cooperativeness 3/5