ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ

Sora got an ominous feeling as he walked side-by-side with Aya. As they got closer and closer to the bank, Sora couldn't help that feeling bubbling in his chest. The door was held open for Sora and Aya. Neither of them saw the laser by their feet as they walked through the door.

There was a table sitting in the center of the bank with a sign that read: TAKE ONE. Two lines of phones were lying across the white table. Sora watched for a moment, seeing the two "players" grab their phones and bring it up to their faces. Shortly after that, the phones activated.

Aya looked over at Sora before stepping forward. Sora wasn't too far behind. He grabbed a phone off the table, lifting it up to his face.

ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss,
ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ.

"What kind of AI bullshit is this?" Aya questioned.

Sora watched the screen until it went to home screen. The screen itself looked like the solitaire that his mother would play from time-to-time on the computer. There were several different icons on the home screen. Before Sora could really get a good look at the two icons, the screen shifted to a white one.

"Please wait for the game to commence. Five minutes until registration closes. There are currently eight participants." Aya was startled by the automatic voice that came from the phone.

Sora looked to the side, seeing the arrows were continuing around the counter to the back of the bank. He took Aya's arm, pulling her along. Aya looked up from her phone to see where Sora was bringing her. Sora and Aya didn't know what to expect from the game – and when they entered the vault, they could see that the others who were inside already knew what they were doing and waiting for.

Aya looked around the vault, it looked picked over, even though money was worthless in this version of their world. There were boxes scattered around the room and objects from some of the boxes had just been destroyed. Aya stood there, trying not to show the fact she had no idea what she was doing.

The other players didn't speak a word to each other. They were just standing around, waiting for the game to begin. Sora looked at the timer.

Sora then pocketed the phone, leaning his back against the wall. He didn't dare ask what was happening, he didn't want to come off as a newbie. He probably did come off as one, but he wasn't going to say it out loud. Aya stood next to Sora, playing anxiously with the phone.

Two others entered the vault, one was talking to the teenager behind him. "Told you there would be games in Shibuya still."

The teenager rolled his eyes. "It was you who said there wouldn't be any games here." The teen looked around at the players, eyes falling on Sora. At first, Sora didn't notice the pair. He was in his own little world, trying to come up with an explanation for what was happening. It wasn't until he felt eyes on him that he turned his head. The teen grabbed the other man's arm.