ꜰ ᴏ ᴜ ʀ

If anything, the death behind them motivated the players to move faster. They already had two injured and now one dead, they couldn't fuck around and wait for the grid to get them. The mirror trick tht Sora had was working as they made it through the rest of room three and into room four. Sora could see ahead of himself until one of the players got cocky – the guy that came with Yuumi. He wasn't sharing the mirror, and by the time Sora realized what was happening, he was nearly pushed into one of the laser beams.

His hand reached out, stopping himself from falling forward. "Watch it!" Sora shouted.

The guy looked at Sora, a smirk on his face. "Just because you think you're good doesn't actually mean you are." Sora didn't understand what he meant as he went into room five. But what they didn't know about room five was that the lasers...

They moved.

As he stepped through the doorway between the fourth and fifth vault, Sora had to block Aya from seeing what the rest of them were about to witness.

"Makoto!" Yuumi shouted, but it was already too late. The lasers hit Makoto from four different angles. Makoto didn't have the time to scream, all four lasers burned right through his clothes and skin. Sora closed his eyes instantly, not wanting to see the death of another player, even if he got cocky at the end. Yuumi stood frozen, staraing wide eyed at his "friend's" death.

Makoto was smoking as he fell to the ground.

"I-I think that's worse than a laser from the sky." The teenage girl whispered, placing a hand over her mouth. Sora's head turned to the young girl, realizing what she meant. The bodies he saw in the alley, they all had lasers shot down into their heads. He shuddered at the thought of it.

Yuumi swallowed hard. "What are we going to do? We can't all go in there." Yuumi said.

"Typically, Spades games only needed one winner to give us game cleared." The older man stated, peering behind him. "We all will have to get into that room to avoid the grid, however." He also pointed out.

One of the female players looked to the fifth room, "It looks like the lasers are motion activated." She said when she noticed that the lasers weren't moving. Makoto was dead, there was no need for the laser to move.

"Why not." A different player said sarcastically. "If we are all in there, the lasers won't stop moving."

"But we can't stay here." The older man said. "The grid hasn't stopped moving." He pointed out.

Sora looked at the mirror in his hand. An idea popped into his head, it was shit idea, but anything to get them through the lasers. "You!" Sora pointed to Yuumi. Yuumi's eyes widened, pointing to himself. "Get to the entry way. Everyone else, get to the corner of the fifth room." Sora tilted the mirror, getting himself and Aya through the rest of the lasers in the fourth room.