ɴ ɪ ɴ ᴇ

Sora couldn't help but wonder how Aya and Yuumi were doing while he was running around a fucking supermarket, avoiding two fast moving idiots. What felt like an hour was only ten minutes according to the automatic voice telling them they had thirty minutes left. Sora decided to be the one who would distract the two idiots while Reika looked for any numbers around the store. Sora barely avoided one of them if he hadn't knocked over one of the displays.

The display of pickled goods fell behind Sora, glass shattering and liquid splashing to the ground. Sora heard the player shout in pain and shock upon being attacked by pickled goods and glass. Sora didn't bother to stick around to find out what was really going on in the player's head right now. It was the same one he said his brain just decorative.

Reika was hidden behind one of the registers, looking for anything that looked like a key to open the door. Sora asked her to keep to the frontend, look around and call out to either him or Chishiya when someone was coming towards them. Right now, Sora was avoiding the hunters better than Reika thought he would.

Reika crawled across the floor to the next register, still trying to find anything that could be used as a code. Except, she didn't know what they were looking for. Anything could be used as a code – hell, the code to an apple could be the code to the lock by the door. They were given very little information about this code other than if they found it, it was game cleared.

As for Chishiya, even though Sora gave him the "order" to distract the two idiots, he was actually watching Sora. He stood by where the seafood would be normally, however the supermarket was cleared out of any fresh food to avoid the smell. He stood there, watching Sora as he moved around the supermarket with one of the hunters after him. Leaning his arm against the cooler, Chishiya watched Sora knock over the pickled items.

His head tilted.

Sora made a snap decision. Knocking over the shelf that had the glass items would hurt him if he wasn't careful. However, Sora wasn't thinking about himself, it was thinking about the other two runners. "Interesting."

Being by himself, Sora should be thinking about himself, but he couldn't stop himself from protecting Reika and Chishiya. What went through Sora's mind was that with fewer people, that meant more deaths, especially with a Hearts game. Yuumi told him that Hearts games didn't normally end with multiple players winning.

And from what Sora got from the hint they were given, if they found the code, then everyone would be able to clear the game. "Reika! Did you find anything?" Sora shouted from across the supermarket. The hunters knew where all three of them were – their tactic was shit, going after one runner at the time. "Reika!"

Reika stood up from where she had previously hid. "Unless the code is the code to apples, I haven't found anything!" Reika shouted back. She jumped when the second hunter appeared in front of her. She took off running before he could reach out and grab her.